JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Renegades goes on hiatus in favor of the upcoming movie  (Read 5745 times)

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Renegades goes on hiatus in favor of the upcoming movie
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 08:00:12 AM »

I remember asking this question for the Renedages Q and A, and we did not get a response to it. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Lurking

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 01:42:36 PM »

That "hiatus due to the movie" is bs.

Transformers Prime is renewed for another season, yet there is a new movie in that franchise in production as well
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 01:52:38 PM »

Quote from: "Stealth Viper"

Transformers Prime is renewed for another season, yet there is a new movie in that franchise in production as well

I agree with stealth.  There is no reason both can't exist together.  Except maybe Hasbro doesn't want to spend the money producing two medias.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Editor

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.animeevolution.com
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 11:07:31 PM »

Quote from: "Realboss"
Quote from: "Stealth Viper"

I agree with stealth.  There is no reason both can't exist together.  Except maybe Hasbro doesn't want to spend the money producing two medias.

The difference is that Transformers has proven it can cover sales of multiple series at the same time, for example when they had movie, animated, and crossover on shelves at the same time. Sadly Joe has not shown the same ability so they've focus on one at a time, as exampled by Resolute figures being shoehorned into 25th assortments.
Convention Chairman: Anime Evolution 2010
August 13–15 2010, UBC-Vancouver, British Columbia

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 03:18:20 PM »

I too agree with Stealth - crap.  Maybe they are pltting the new movie to reflect the "on-the-lamb" story in Renegades.

Whatever the decision, I am more than a little annoyed.  They told us to support ROC and we did (or most of us).  Now they have something that the fans actually seemed to want and it gets pulled?
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 05:00:40 PM »

I have to wonder if perhaps the plot of the new film is very similar to the Renegades plot line.  They've made Frnace mad, a bad guy in in the Oval office - perhaps they've been disbanded and are on the run.

Conversely, the plots could be running in completely different directions.........
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Eradicator

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 12:44:48 PM »

I seriously hope the new movie is a reboot. The first movie was pretty weak and I believe anyone on this message board could have done better. It seems that when movie studios really change established mythos the movie ends up being terrible. Why can't we have Cobra Commander with a hood and Snake Eyes without a mouth built into his suit?

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 01:19:34 PM »

Quote from: "Eradicator"
I seriously hope the new movie is a reboot. The first movie was pretty weak and I believe anyone on this message board could have done better.

I don't know about that. Had I been given the Director's seat, The movie would've started with BattleForce2000 (or lookalikes) going into TanzMania (forgot the name of the place), they die, but they're not really dead, because they cross to another dimension instead of going to hell, so they're back and given a chance to save Joes that were supposed to die with them. Of course, the price to pay for this is they're not allowed to save Quick Kick, or else they go back to hell, but they end up remembering an old adage from Sgt. Slaughter: "We all go home, or nobody goes home". So they save Quick Kick and Quick Kick kills them thinking they were Cobra coming to kill him just like they killed DOC. Duke, Snake Eyes, Stalker (Who keeps reminding Hawk to stop calling him "Ripcord" because that's someone else), arrive just in time to witness Quick Kick's fatal blows, and Snake Eyes kills Quick Kick thinking he had gone beserk. They all return to base, and to Duke's surprise, Stalker asks Scarlett to quit Gi joe, marry him and start a family. In the meantime Hawk was captured by Cobra but no one cared to notice until the opening of GI JOE 3.

Oh yeah, GI joe 2 would be called Gi joe 2-000. See this is why I should not direct any movies because fans like me can destroy them  ;D
2 + 2 = 22

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 04:38:06 PM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
Quote from: "Eradicator"
I seriously hope the new movie is a reboot. The first movie was pretty weak and I believe anyone on this message board could have done better.

I don't know about that. Had I been given the Director's seat, The movie would've started with BattleForce2000 (or lookalikes) going into TanzMania (forgot the name of the place), they die, but they're not really dead, because they cross to another dimension instead of going to hell, so they're back and given a chance to save Joes that were supposed to die with them. Of course, the price to pay for this is they're not allowed to save Quick Kick, or else they go back to hell, but they end up remembering an old adage from Sgt. Slaughter: "We all go home, or nobody goes home". So they save Quick Kick and Quick Kick kills them thinking they were Cobra coming to kill him just like they killed DOC. Duke, Snake Eyes, Stalker (Who keeps reminding Hawk to stop calling him "Ripcord" because that's someone else), arrive just in time to witness Quick Kick's fatal blows, and Snake Eyes kills Quick Kick thinking he had gone beserk. They all return to base, and to Duke's surprise, Stalker asks Scarlett to quit Gi joe, marry him and start a family. In the meantime Hawk was captured by Cobra but no one cared to notice until the opening of GI JOE 3.

Oh yeah, GI joe 2 would be called Gi joe 2-000. See this is why I should not direct any movies because fans like me can destroy them  ;D

As long as you don't cast any of the Wayans ilk as Doc, Deejay or Stalker, the movie could only be better.
And if you could sneak more sub-teams like Eco or DEF than you've really got box office poison on your hands. I can only assume you're going with Carrot-Top for Duke and Paris Hilton for Scarlett.
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 07:30:16 PM »

I literally feel nauseous after reading the last few posts. :lol:  Timbits administered!
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2011, 08:00:02 AM »

Quote from: "pdaat"
I have to wonder if perhaps the plot of the new film is very similar to the Renegades plot line.  They've made Frnace mad, a bad guy in in the Oval office - perhaps they've been disbanded and are on the run.
With the mummy...err... Zartan posing as POTUS, something like that could happen.
"Those GI Joe are bad people! Arrest them."
"Yes mister president, right away."

"Come on guys we must hide, the fake president is a cobra agent and he sent the army after us!"
"..."
"You're right Snake Eyes."

"Look it's Storm shadow!"
"That's right, I'm back. I'm wet, I'm cold and I want revenge...of the ninja"
Cue sword and kick fest.
Say no to AFA.

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 06:43:54 PM »

Love Renegades man...it rocks over Transformers Prime hands down! I really hope this show doesn't go and not come back. It's just so awesome to have all this 'pre-story' stuff that somehow, blends in with the RAH animated.

Geeze, the world needs to wake up and realize how much Joe is needed on TV, and not just any but awesome top quality stuff that hasbro is doing with Renegades.

First it was Star Trek...now this......I really don't know how TPTB (The Power That Be) don't see the love and passion for this...

Again, Arrow's post gives allot of hope. I just wish that we had more information. If the movie isn't coming out until august of 2012, wow man thats a good year and a half....Either way...I'd like to sign a petition or get something started to show hasbro how much we need this show... :mrt:

Yo joe!
Crazylegs
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/