JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Another Reason for Renegades Getting Pulled?  (Read 2197 times)

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Another Reason for Renegades Getting Pulled?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 08:01:45 AM »

WOW! That does explain a lot.  Time will tell.
Lurking

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 01:05:30 PM »

From what I gather, this references the older shows that Hasbro is re-running on the Hub-those that Hasbro does not actually own the rights too. Yes, Hasbro owns the properties, such as GIJOE and Transformers, but the cartoon series made previously are owned by other parties and have to be purchased to run on the "all-Hasbro" network. The channel is not getting the viewership they expected, and thus the commercial dollars they sought.

I'm storyboarding on my second HUB series this year ( first was Pound Puppies, just started 'boarding on Transformers: Rescue Bots)and I know of about 2-3 other series being produced at studios in Vancouver. There is a TON of money and commitment behind these new Hasbro shows, which are in the works NOW. They would not be so if the network/studio was tightening its belt.

I can say with virtual certainty that Renegades is NOT the victim of some kind of cost cutting, and that the "hiatus" claims about the upcoming movie influencing the production stop are very likely true.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 01:13:01 PM »

Quote from: "ARROW"
From what I gather, this references the older shows that Hasbro is re-running on the Hub-those that Hasbro does not actually own the rights too. Yes, Hasbro owns the properties, such as GIJOE and Transformers, but the cartoon series made previously are owned by other parties and have to be purchased to run on the "all-Hasbro" network. The channel is not getting the viewership they expected, and thus the commercial dollars they sought.

I'm storyboarding on my second HUB series this year ( first was Pound Puppies, just started 'boarding on Transformers: Rescue Bots)and I know of about 2-3 other series being produced at studios in Vancouver. There is a TON of money and commitment behind these new Hasbro shows, which are in the works NOW. They would not be so if the network/studio was tightening its belt.

I can say with virtual certainty that Renegades is NOT the victim of some kind of cost cutting, and that the "hiatus" claims about the upcoming movie influencing the production stop are very likely true.

SO we have s :mrt: omeone with considerable influence to ask Hasbro to reconsider their misstep!
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 01:20:36 PM »

Quote from: "pdaat"
Quote from: "ARROW"

SO we have s :mrt: