JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Post CanJoeCon 2011 appreciation thread  (Read 17943 times)

roger dodger

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Post CanJoeCon 2011 appreciation thread
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2011, 11:13:06 AM »

As someone who didn't win any prizes, I'm naturally disappointed to see the Skystriker go up on ebay. Most Joe fans I know would have loved to be the first to own it and would never have thought of selling. I just hope Hasbro Canada doesn't reconsider being so generous next year because of this. (By the way, I was really impressed with Hasbro Canada's generosity and genuine interest in hearing from the fans.)
On a brighter note, many thanks go out to CanPrime for the great trade he gave me. And the dealers were all nice to do business with. The entire con was wonderful and THE MIKE and his gang should all be very proud of how everything turned out. So only about 50 weeks until the next con, right?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2011, 12:17:38 PM »

Back to the props - I'd like to add one other thing:

Perhaps the biggest highlight for me at the show overall (and I am ashamed that I seemed to have failed to mention it until now) was getting my Con set from Mike.  I came in to T.O. around 10pm.  I think I saw Mike around midnight in the lobby.  No sooner did he see then did he turn around and leave.  2 minutes later and THE MAN returned with my con set and tee.  Truly awesome - really, words cannot express.

Anywho, I'd like to also thank those who travelled much further than I to attend.  And to What's on Joe Mind for promoting the Con.

And to all Joe fans.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2011, 12:52:32 PM »

To all those expressing their disappointment towards the Skystriker: It should not matter after you all get your own. If the skystriker there were giving out was a unique prototype of some kind, then yes, I'd be all tears over the fact that it went on Ebay. In the end, it was just another Skystriker, and perhaps a little more importantly than that, the fact that you'd be holding one in your hands before anyone else, nothing more.

EDIT: and to get back on topic, I'd like to say that the dealer room experience was so good this year, that I didn't really care that I was missing out on the freebie table, the free timbits, etc. The only thing I tried to assist were the panels but as usual, I managed to assist to two of them.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 01:17:02 PM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2011, 01:14:47 PM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
To all those expressing their disappointment towards the Skystriker: It should not matter after you all get your own. If the skystriker there were giving out was a unique prototype of some kind, then yes, I'd be all tears over the fact that it went on Ebay. In the end, it was just another Skystriker, and perhaps a little more importantly than that, the fact that you'd be holding one in your hands before anyone else, nothing more.

EDIT: and to get back on topic, I'd like to say that the dealer room experience was so good this year, that I didn't really care that I was missing out on the freebie table, the free timbits, etc. The only thing I tried to assist were the panels but as usual, I managed to assist to two of them.

EDIT: Crap. Tried to edit the previous post and I clicked on quote instead. Sorry.
2 + 2 = 22

Robimus

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cccomiccon.com
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2011, 10:02:59 PM »

Glad to hear the Con went well. Keep up the good work!
Visit the Central Canada Comic Con Website!
www.cccomiccon.com

Rockhammer

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Joe Repro Parts
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2011, 01:21:53 PM »

This is a very late reply, but I wanted to thank all the organizers, attendees, and dealers who attended. You made my first attendance to a Canadian Joe Con an unforgettable experience, in a very good way. I had a great time, and hope I can also go to the next.

Yo Joe!
Need custom reproduction or custom replacement G.i.Joe parts? Drop by www.joereproparts.com

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2011, 11:20:31 AM »

So you're keeping the same date-ish to co-incide with the movie right?
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.