JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Post CanJoeCon 2011 appreciation thread  (Read 17942 times)

MAJOR BLOOD

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Post CanJoeCon 2011 appreciation thread
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 08:33:41 PM »

Thanks a million for holding this guys!  This was the first one I've been to and loved every minute of it!  You really put on a great show.  It was awesome to hear from the guests and I think my favorite part was the Q&A with the staff at the end.  I liked to hear how this came about and the progression of it.  

Keep up the great work and hopefully I can get to this side of the country again to go next year.  The atmosphere was super friendly.  I'd also like to say thanks to brandonov for trading with me.  Much appreciated brotha'!

Sincerely,

Xhair's friend  :wink:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 09:49:24 PM »

I remember last year in the line... some people were stressed, all had no sleep and everybody wanted to be in the first 50 to get the SNAKE. That was an experience, but maybe not the more fun to prepare the Saturday.

This year, with the preorder system, and the number of sets increased to 125, and the distribution of wrist band during the night, Saturday morning people were fresh and relaxed! There was somehow a "line" but people didn't care who was first because all knew they would have their set. People had a good night (except for some who shared their room with a snorer  :wink: ) and this help a lot, I will talk for me, to benefit more of my Saturday con show.

Thanks for creating this preorder system and for the cool day!!

Martin

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 11:37:07 PM »

Here are a few personal pictures I had taken with my phone.

Bandanov and myself.

LatinJoe and myself.

Ron Rudat and the original Cobra Sigil

Mark Bellemo signing his book for me as a gift to my brother, 80's toys.

Mark and I

Valentino De Landro after he spent a great deal of time sketching my 2 favorite characters for me.

Alley Viper

Lady Jaye
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

cmderinchief

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
  • phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joedeclassified.com
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 11:42:11 PM »

I never noticed until I got home when my daughter found my name in the acknowledgements of the comic.  That was a very humbling surprise.  I'd like to thank the staff and the "Joe Wives" for absolutely everything.  Great work...now go get some much deserved rest!!

pluv

• View Profile
    • JoeCustoms.com
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 10:17:10 AM »

Good call, thanks to the Joe wives for be such gracious hosts. The show was awesome. The people were awesome. The Timbits were delicious. There were deals to be had everywhere. If I had one complaint it is that there wasn't enough wave 4, 5 and 6 for sale, but I guess even dealers are having trouble tracking down those waves.

Big bonus thanks to the CJC committee and Hasbro Canada. Both were super friendly and made the show even more memorable.

I have to go next year just to see if Jon S. wins another prize.

Here's a little write up and link to the pics I took on JoeCustoms. http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/viewto ... 54&t=29500

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 11:05:04 AM »

Another great year!

Although the list of stuff I look for keeps shrinking, I always manage to cross off a few items and find stuff that I didn't even know I wanted.

Nice to finally meet Sh4rk and Bandonov in person. Good to see Michael from the US again too. De Landro was great to meet and I got an awesome panel from him.

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in the day!
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »

IMO, the convention went by fast.  You Quebecers need to stick around after the show as I hardly talked to any of you.

At least, my wife got her first taste of the convention.  She came after the convention died down by mid-afternoon.   I think she was more into the babies at the show.  :shifty:
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 04:35:49 PM »

A GREAT CON THIS YEAR!!!

Big thanks to the guys who set this all up.  You do a lot of hard work.  I can imagine it is an entire year of work, for one day.  But it is greatly appreciated by all the Joe fans here.

Unfortunately I couldn't stay the whole day.  We had a wedding to go to in the afternoon, and it was an hour drive back home to be there by 3.  

I got to meet several board members, but not enough.  Next year I plan on getting a room (hopefully it's at the Sheraton again) so I can do the meet N greet thing, and catch all the panels.

The pre-register is awesome (don't get rid of that idea).  I felt bad for the people waiting in line, since I got to walk right in at 9:15, but it was only a couple minutes later and I saw people from the line coming in.

I love the patch.  That was a total surprise and proudly sits in an album with my steel brigade patch.

A big thanks to the special guests as well.  It was a real pleasure talking to Mark Bellomo, Valentine DeLandro, Ron and Tristan Rudat, and Jason Edmiston.  Unfortunately I didn't have time to talk to James Kavanaugh or Jason Loo  :'( , hopefully they will be back next year (My wife had a long conversation with Virginia Rudat, and she gave my wife some very creative ideas for her stained glass hobby, and gave her some ideas about turning her hobby into sales. - Wife of SnowHawk makes stain glass G.I. Joe and Cobra logos.).

+1 Timbit to the entire Convention (if possible) and can't wait until next year.

Hobbes

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 08:22:02 PM »

A big THANK-YOU to everyone who contributed to the success of the Con - organizers, dealers, special guests, attendees and the volunteers!  The whole event was outstanding and everyone was very friendly.  Every year I meet a few more Board members and this year was no exception.  The pre-registration and wrist bands really helped the line move faster, definitely keep up the good work with that!  Already looking forward to next year!

formbx257

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 10:56:55 PM »

I'd like to thank Mike, Scramble, Loop and all the CJC staff and volunteers who made this one awesome convention!  Thank you!  There just wasn't enough time for me to enjoy it all (I had to leave early again) and I can't wait until next year's con.
Watch "The 1980's G.I. Joe Show" on Blip.TV: http://blip.tv/formbx257
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FormBX257/295471453806030

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 01:23:47 PM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
You Quebecers need to stick around after the show as I hardly talked to any of you.

A small Quebec group including myself went to go eat at Montana's around 4pm. And I had a little part in it but I assure you that it wasn't intentional, collectively at the very least. Our angry stomachs kind of concluded for us that it was time to eat so it couldn't be helped.

As for the Convention itself, It was by far the best Convention I have ever attended. Credits go to the CJC for making the friday evening late-bird a very very awesome one. It allowed me to make the trades, purchases I needed to do before Saturday and I was able to relax more by helping others and attending as many panels as I could.

My personal thanks go the Great White 5h4rk and Spectre, who were very cool to offer me a ride to Toronto and share the room with them for Friday night. If Timbits were still here, I'd give them 10 each  ;D (if they come back on, I will do this guys seriously so watch out). For those who don't know Spectre, he is probably the biggest O-ring fan that I know on this plane of existence. I thought I was an O-ring fan, but he makes me look like a hair rubber band enthusiast  :lol:

Thanks CJC team for making this event a great one again. The guests were so welcoming as only one can expect from this great convention. My only regret is missing the 2011 CJC panel. Agent Loop told me so much about it, that when came time for it, I completely forgot in order to go back to my room and prepare my luggage. I guess that it's not that bad as I always have next year to look forward to ask my questions.

And a big round of applause to the dealers. I did a tour and I did find that alot had overall great prices and selection this year. Please keep it up. It's always great to be where everybody knows your name too. As soon as I walked into the dealer room, I got a very happy "Latinjoe!" coming from the tables facing to the left of the doorway. I was very pleased to see a smiley Condor Knight who was holding two big surprise bags for me.

There was probably more great things I'd like to say about the con, but I know that others already covered it. Thanks again CJC.
2 + 2 = 22

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 01:37:36 PM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
You Quebecers need to stick around after the show as I hardly talked to any of you.

A small Quebec group including myself went to go eat at Montana's around 4pm. And I had a little part in it but I assure you that it wasn't intentional, collectively at the very least. Our angry stomachs kind of concluded for us that it was time to eat so it couldn't be helped.

No worries.  I read that there was something in Montreal the next day.  

End up at Montana's 2.5 hours later.  Wasn't impressed with the place, considering they set the thermostat to arctic blast.  I normally don't get cold but that was ridiculous.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67