JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Its the little things....  (Read 3499 times)

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Its the little things....
« on: September 02, 2011, 02:12:54 PM »

So I was reading some of the latest Q&A responses, ( not all sites have theirs up yet), and turned my attention to the LAST round of Q&A--a couple months ago.
An therein I learned something about a figure that had been bothering me.

POC Iron Grenadier, more specifically his "smart gun".

From TRM( bold is mine):
1) Is there an additional swivel arm piece missing from the Iron Grenadier smart gun? The one that comes with Destro doesn't seem to work in its place.

Answer: No, the two parts do actually work with the Iron Grenadier cannon. I have one on my desk right now in the proper configuration. However, it was packed separately and the fit may not be perfectly tuned in, as the IG cannon was not intendend to use the linkage from Urban Destro. It was meant to be a freely carried cannon with an underslung ammo box. The hole on the side is a standard 3mm hole used in our figures (such as Duke Urban Assault and Shadow Tracker) and can be used to customize this weapon.

Well, I just grabbed my IG figure, grabbed the smaller ammo box and promptly slid it into the gap between the tab on the underside of the barrel, and the block on the underside of the receiver.  AND BY GOLLY IT FITS!

I knew there was sumthin' I was missing!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Its the little things....
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 02:32:40 PM »

Can you post a pic of yours?  All my IGs are still in there Plastic Prisons until I move to my next house in December.
Lurking

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 02:39:56 PM »

Can you post a pic of yours?  All my IGs are still in there Plastic Prisons until I move to my next house in December.

Will try to get a pic up later today or tomorrow.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 03:12:46 PM »

Better late than never:
Here's a pic from General Joes, showing the ammo can placed under the smart gun:

http://generalsjoes.com/images/reviews/2011/renegades_30th/figures/wave1/irongrenadier/irongrenadier-07.jpg

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 03:27:52 PM »

Hmm?  That was the first thing I did when I opened mine.  Just figured that's why they packed it with the figure.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 04:27:03 PM »

I thought the ammo box was a backpack.  It wasn't until I got the 30th anniversary IG that I realized the ammo box fit on the bottom of the gun.  I didn't like the gun until I added the ammo box.  Now it's sweet!!!

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 04:28:13 PM »

wow didnt know this, will try it out when I get home!
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 04:32:04 PM »

I thought the ammo box was a backpack.  It wasn't until I got the 30th anniversary IG that I realized the ammo box fit on the bottom of the gun.  I didn't like the gun until I added the ammo box.  Now it's sweet!!!
Honestly, the peg on the back kinda threw me, that and  the underside of the gun looked like something fit there, but I wasn't sure WHICH of the two packs went there.
I do recall trying at least one of them. I thought there was some kind of a part missing, or the packs had not been molded correctly or something, because it never occurred to me that the small pack would friction-fit there. I must be getting slow in the brain or sumthin'....

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 07:29:02 PM »

it works, but im finding the weight of the weapon becomes too great, and the figure has to lean back a lot and the weapon simply slides out of his hands over time due to the weight :(
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 07:42:09 PM »

ANOTHER little thing:
I mentioned I opened a POC wave 5 Cobra Commander a day or so ago, and one of the accessories is a small blue cannister--I guess meant to be a container of Compound Z material.
Well, fidding around with said cannister tonite, I noticed something peculiar about.
I noticed a seam at one end.
A small twist, a small tug.......and it opens.......a small tube can be removed. An exposed Compound Z nodule!

Cool!
I'm going to speculate right now that these are going to fit in those extra holes in the back of the harness of the Zombie-Viper!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:46:40 PM by ARROW »

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 04:39:37 PM »

When it comes to toys, I seldom throw anything out...and the reason why is that I never know when a certain accessory is going to come in handy.

Case in point:

This is just a POC Firefly, with Spytroops (?) Blackout goggles, and a 30th Anniversary (the 1994 stuff) raft and paddle. Firefly is in a kneeling pose, has his std back pack, his assault rifle and is rowing along on his merry, malicious way.
This is one of my favourite display items because its so simple, and it came together so well. I think it really illustrates the value of those little odds and ends.