JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: GI Joe Subscription figures.  (Read 34042 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Subscription figures.
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2011, 11:15:35 AM »

Hey Morgardee, how did you get it to post?

I tried the URL and IMG and I could never get it to post, it would just run and then time out.

I copy the image to my desktop and then upload it to Photobucket.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2011, 12:11:35 PM »

I've been silent on the subscription figures up till now for a few reasons. I'm getting out of collecting this style of figure so there was zero chance I subscribe. I didn't want to artificially offset the sound-to-noise ratio. I've also only liked Dice and Jinx at this point, and I don't like ragging on the things the Club does unless I feel it is warranted.

Here's the picture of Barrel Roll:

I'm sort of "meh" on this one.

I would be meh if I wasn't looking forward to seeing this one. The neck down is okay, but given they weren't closely referencing any figure they could have had a lot more fun with the paint aps. They chose the lesser of the two head sculpts, and put a helmet that makes him look like a WWII pilot.

There are actually four existing colour schemes for Barrel Roll, and they went with the one I dislike. My guess is that tan Barrel Roll and tan Grunt are supposed to be a flight pack team, flying through the dessert on missions together. It is the only reason I can see for them to choose this particular direction.

Hopefully people that plan on getting the figures are satisfied with what they're seeing. It isn't the impression I've gotten from threads like this, which is too bad. This being the internet, it might just be that the negativity is rising to the top.
Updated!

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2011, 12:54:10 PM »

'flying through the dessert'? what, canyons of apple pie and ice cream? fields of blueberries? lakes of custard and spotted dick?
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2011, 01:36:58 PM »

[quote author=Scramble link=topic=5977.msg61853#msg61853

Hopefully people that plan on getting the figures are satisfied with what they're seeing. It isn't the impression I've gotten from threads like this, which is too bad. This being the internet, it might just be that the negativity is rising to the top.
[/quote]

I've planned on subscribing from the start & I'm still going to.  So far I'm pretty fond of Quarrel, Iron KLAW, Dice, & Topside.  Jinx is ok but I'd much prefer a classic version.  Nano-BAT doesn't do much for me, & I'll be selling my Tan Grunt.  Barrel Roll's ok, but that's just WAY too much brown!
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2011, 10:27:23 AM »

I just hope Shipping is not way too much as that will be the breaking point for these figures for us.
Lurking

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2011, 12:17:20 PM »

I just hope Shipping is not way too much as that will be the breaking point for these figures for us.

If some of you guys want to do something like get a few of you together and have the club ship your figures to me, then have me do a big ship of all of them at once to you to save $$$$ I would be more than willing to help.  That is, if the Club would let ya do that.  I'm in TX so the initial shipping to me can't be bad.
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2011, 12:26:08 PM »

If some of you guys want to do something like get a few of you together and have the club ship your figures to me, then have me do a big ship of all of them at once to you to save $$$$ I would be more than willing to help.  That is, if the Club would let ya do that.  I'm in TX so the initial shipping to me can't be bad.

Now that is a great idea and one I might take you up once, once we know the cost of the figures.

Thank you sir!

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2011, 10:03:24 PM »

Now that is a great idea and one I might take you up once, once we know the cost of the figures.

Thank you sir!
If I were to take the leap, I would have sent them to my sister.........
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2011, 06:01:57 AM »

I might me tempted if we can get a group by going.  Of course that depends on what MC is going to be asking for them.  Checking Ebay it seems only really updated versions, or unreleased foreign figures, are selling at or above original prices.  Even then, some aren't and I have to weigh the cost against how many I really want from the subscription service.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2011, 03:30:15 PM »

So the next figure is TnT 

Lurking

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2011, 04:08:16 PM »

UUUGLY!  WOW.  But somehow it works :D 
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2011, 04:11:20 PM »

I like it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12