JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: GI Joe Subscription figures.  (Read 34038 times)

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Subscription figures.
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2011, 08:28:03 PM »

Definitely a cool looking figure in a kitschy kind of way. I could see myself picking this up if I could find it at retail, but not for $20+ it will cost. Cool for those into the international figures though.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2011, 01:23:17 PM »

Definitely a cool looking figure in a kitschy kind of way. I could see myself picking this up if I could find it at retail, but not for $20+ it will cost. Cool for those into the international figures though.

I feel the same way as the 2 aforementionned posts.  Looks kinda cool.  Would be fine if I had already decided I was in.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2011, 04:21:36 PM »

I'm sure David Lane is very pleased:

Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2011, 01:37:49 AM »

I've been silent on the subscription figures up till now for a few reasons. I'm getting out of collecting this style of figure so there was zero chance I subscribe. I didn't want to artificially offset the sound-to-noise ratio. I've also only liked Dice and Jinx at this point, and I don't like ragging on the things the Club does unless I feel it is warranted.

Here's the picture of Barrel Roll:

I'm sort of "meh" on this one.

I would be meh if I wasn't looking forward to seeing this one. The neck down is okay, but given they weren't closely referencing any figure they could have had a lot more fun with the paint aps. They chose the lesser of the two head sculpts, and put a helmet that makes him look like a WWII pilot.

There are actually four existing colour schemes for Barrel Roll, and they went with the one I dislike. My guess is that tan Barrel Roll and tan Grunt are supposed to be a flight pack team, flying through the dessert on missions together. It is the only reason I can see for them to choose this particular direction.

Hopefully people that plan on getting the figures are satisfied with what they're seeing. It isn't the impression I've gotten from threads like this, which is too bad. This being the internet, it might just be that the negativity is rising to the top.
On the preview of the new Navy Seals movie, one of the SEALs is wearing this "helmet".
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2011, 12:01:02 PM »

On the preview of the new Navy Seals movie, one of the SEALs is wearing this "helmet".
That is a variation of a Protect helmet--commonly worn by skateborders and Spec Ops soldiers. Its not seen all that much on the soldiers these days, because its been superseded by better headgear. The Delta Force guys in the movie Black Hawk Down wore them, which gives you an idea of how "current" they are not.
A friend of mine that is around that stuff tells me its primary use is to keep the wearer from knocking themselves out by hitting their heads on door frames etc. These things offer zero ballistics protection.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2011, 07:16:29 PM »

More and more it looks like it will be better to wait and pick up the individual figures I really want.  Hopefully Big Boa and Cover Girl are very ARAH and not some mish-mash like Jinx. 

Looking at the history of club figures over the past few years, especially 25th/ME design, and you see a pattern.  Outside of extremely rare (Piper, yellow Stalker, etc.) you see most figures either stay in or around their original price or roughly double in after market price.  Some figures even drop in value.  I would hazard a guess that Sure Fire, Barrel Roll, Iron Klaw, Nano Bat, Quarrel, TNT and Jinx will probably hover around $10 +/- their original asking price.  Tan Grunt, Dice, and Top Side will probably go for more than asking regularly, although I can't say for sure how much more.  Big Boa and Cover Girl, if they are very true to their ARAH design will easily go for double their asking price.  So basically it works out that it is just cheaper for me to get them outside the subscription since I really only want about 4-5 of the figures. 

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2011, 08:52:31 AM »

I would hazard a guess that Sure Fire, Barrel Roll, Iron Klaw, Nano Bat, Quarrel, TNT and Jinx will probably hover around $10 +/- their original asking price.  Tan Grunt, Dice, and Top Side will probably go for more than asking regularly, although I can't say for sure how much more.  Big Boa and Cover Girl, if they are very true to their ARAH design will easily go for double their asking price.

Wow, it's funny how different my take on the aftermarket value of these figures is. I expect Tan Grunt's value to plummet, Maybe TNT as well, for Topside to stay roughly the same, and Jinx and Iron Klaw to increase in value.
Updated!

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2011, 09:44:49 AM »

I would hazard a guess that Sure Fire, Barrel Roll, Iron Klaw, Nano Bat, Quarrel, TNT and Jinx will probably hover around $10 +/- their original asking price.  Tan Grunt, Dice, and Top Side will probably go for more than asking regularly, although I can't say for sure how much more.  Big Boa and Cover Girl, if they are very true to their ARAH design will easily go for double their asking price.

Wow, it's funny how different my take on the aftermarket value of these figures is. I expect Tan Grunt's value to plummet, Maybe TNT as well, for Topside to stay roughly the same, and Jinx and Iron Klaw to increase in value.

Why?  From what I have seen over the years ARAH is where the money is made.  Iron Klaw is a neat figure, but he isn't even part of ARAH and Jinx is a nice figure, but with the movie we will probably see a few versions of a Jinx figure so it won't be as sought after by collectors (in my opinion of course).

Also if you look at the market now very few figures even retain their value 6 months to a year out.  That may come back around again in a few years, but even exclusives aren't holding up very well.  I think the problem with exclusives is that Ebay is the big after market site to view "worth".  The problem is the Ebay has become much more of a sales site with sellers just putting up figures for fairly ridiculous prices.  Hence why you will see the same figure listed for a year with a high price.  That makes the ones that go up for auction with a low starting price more likely to get a good price, but nothing like $100.00+ except for the rare figures.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2011, 01:01:12 PM »

I think that these exclusives offer a bit of everything for everyone : some of the most popular foreign characters paired up with "most" of the more obscure or less popular domestic characters (except Grunt of course). I also believe that bids will be all over the place on Ebay, regardless of my preferences for some figures over the others. If these figures were offered carded, with POC style colors, we would probably be looking at one solid wave of figures. However Quarrel and Top Side may end as peg warmers if they packed them at 2 or 3 per case, so there you have it, you know which ones I like less now  :P

2 + 2 = 22

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »

For the most part I agree ith Ryan on this with the exception of TNT. I expect TNT to become one of most sought after sets simply because he ties in so well with other Argentina figures the club has produced. Think about it. So far we have (in 25th anniversary style) Redmack, Shimik, Topson, Ninja-Ku (From Hasbro, Manleh and red ninjas which could be considered Satan (I hight doubt Hasbro or GIJCC want to make a toy called Satan) and Sokerk (Tan Grunt) coming in this set. That is the bulk or the more rare Agentina figures right there. If you want to complete them in 25th style then you will need TNT. Just typing this up make me want to re-organize my display and group them together as an Argentina set.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2011, 02:22:35 PM »

i think Quarrel will go high for European collectors wanting it. believe me, Quarrel is about the only one most of BFTB is interested in so far, but some are keen on TNT to go with the other 'Argen 7' characters. (mainly Jamar, i admit)

i'd expect TNT, Iron Klaw and Quarrel to go higher in price, Sure Fire, Tan Grunt and Topside to go lower.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2011, 09:08:59 AM »

Well today we should find out the prices. It's looking like $20 - $25 per figure:

G.I. Joe Collectors' Club I think THIS is the way it will go down...

1. The final figure reveals THIS week!

2. At some point afterwards (days not hours), when it is ready... the sub service page will go live. ALL the details including pricing will be on that site. The price PER FIGURE will most likely not be less than $20 and not more than $25. (Remember carded Dial-Tone sold for $25, the goal for the sub is to be less expensive than that. These figures are EXPENSIVE to make with new parts on many and TONS of paint deco, but we are doing the best we can to keep the price down.) There will be more than one payment option - details to come.

3. Subscriptions will be accepted for 4 weeks from OFFICER LEVEL MEMBERS. You can have multiple subscription. They will ship bundled to save shipping for the subscriber.

4. After 4 weeks subscriptions will no longer be accepted.

5. It is possible there will be SOME individual pieces of SOME of the figures available DOWN THE ROAD, most likely they will be sold for a premium to non-subscribers IF we have them. Final production numbers will be dictated by the number of subscriptions, so these will be LIMITED and will probably bring high prices on the secondary market - even the ones YOU don't like.

NONE of this is set in stone and reflects what I am hearing. These details are ALL subject to change as we move forward.

PLEASE do not share this on the internet. I am going out on a limb and these DETAILS MIGHT CHANGE and probably will

Be nice... please?

P.S. The poll here was NOT a vote for the next batch of sub figures. I hope if you saw the poll, you can see how diverse the wants of the fans are and how difficult it is to please everyone.

Thank you, that's all that I know and it is NOT FOR SURE.

What I don't get is why they say don't share this on the internet when it's posted on their facebook page. It's not like I have an "inside" source. It's from them, on the internet, so yes, I copied it.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 09:11:38 AM by morgardee »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12