JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A - Fall 2011 - ANSWERS!  (Read 11297 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Hasbro Q&A - Fall 2011 - ANSWERS!
« on: November 24, 2011, 09:36:00 AM »

Joecanuck Asked:

Q1) Will the G.I. Joe Retaliation figure line see any big vehicles like the Pit for ROC, or will the focus be on the smaller Alpha wave vehicles?

Hasbro Answered:
1A:  Our goal going in to the development of the movie line was to keep prices low even in the face of rising production costs.  We have some really great vehicles at a great value in the line. We will reveal the line at New York Toy Fair in February and hope you like it as much as we do!

Joecanuck Asked:

Q2) It's been a while since Hasbro ran a fan poll for what we want to see made next. Is there any plans to run another survey "fans choice", and if so is it possible to do a vehicle this time around?

Hasbro Answered:
2A:  As we mentioned in the previous Q&A, we love the idea and love hearing from our fans! There is currently no plan for a fans choice but is definitely something we will consider in the future.

Joecanuck Asked:

Q3) The 30th Anniversary SkyStriker is obviously a new mold but replicates the original almost perfectly. Can you give us some insight into how you reverse-engineered the original so successfully?

Hasbro Answered:
3A: The Skystriker project presented us with some unique challenges.  To start, we did not have much time to execute the project.  So we had to act fast!  We found some samples of vintage Skystrikers and was able to build two or three nice ones out of the parts.  Next, we worked with an expert model maker and tool-maker in the far-east to pain-stakingly recreate each of the parts digitally in a 3d Program.  This allowed us to refine the detail and build in the new snaps and construction details we knew had to be there to pass the new, tougher safety standards we have today.  The removable wings and nose also allowed us to fit the aircraft into a smaller box, letting us keep the toy at a great price for the consumer.   At the same time, the model make re-fitted the cockpit to introduce the new design.  When the process was finished, we were blown away by the results - and were able to meet and exceed our deadlines to make the project a reality.  Effectively, making the dreams of our loyal fans a reality in the process.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:03:40 PM by THE Mikeā„¢ »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A - Fall 2011 - ANSWERS!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 09:47:12 AM »

Now those are some decent answers. Feels like they took their time answering.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 09:48:29 AM »

I can't wait for the Toy Show in Feb now!
Lurking

Uninvited Ghost

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 09:48:48 AM »

Quote from: Hasbro
making the dreams of our loyal fans a reality

Except that it's a one-seater.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 10:09:49 AM »

That skystriker answer was very interesting!
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 10:42:40 AM »

I have to agree, these feel like the best answers from Hasbro so far.
Could it be, that the questions asked finally matched the answers that Hasbro was willing to offer?

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 10:42:56 AM »

Wow, great questions and great answers!

CardboardJedi

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 12:18:10 PM »

Hi! That jet is indeed a nice piece of work. The decal material is of superb quality as well. The FIT of the decals was not though, overlaps on raised or sunken details, etc. And then the issue of the the U shaped canopy decal which will never lay flat as cut from the sheet, it always warps or bubbles- and we all know that is a death sentence over time for a decal. Will there ever be a fix for this? I just put mine back on the sheet....

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 01:51:52 PM »

Hi! That jet is indeed a nice piece of work. The decal material is of superb quality as well. The FIT of the decals was not though, overlaps on raised or sunken details, etc. And then the issue of the the U shaped canopy decal which will never lay flat as cut from the sheet, it always warps or bubbles- and we all know that is a death sentence over time for a decal. Will there ever be a fix for this? I just put mine back on the sheet....

I trimmed the decal that went in front of the canopy (there was some raised plastic for  par of an engine of something like that) so that it fit and never looked back. All the other stickers were fine for me. The missiles fall off the bottom easily.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 10:37:07 AM »

I noticed on some of the other boards hasbro didn't answer 1 or 2 of their questions.  We are very fortunate to get such great answers.  Good questions btw too!
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 10:51:08 AM »

I wonder if the Sky Striker sales are positive, will Hasbro consider remaking another classic vehicle?  A new Tomahawk would be nice.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 08:59:22 PM »

I'm hopping for the Whale in 2012.