JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Retaliation Trailer Preview  (Read 11326 times)

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Retaliation Trailer Preview
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 10:53:44 AM »

This time last GI Joe movie, I was hearing whispers of a Duke and Baroness relationship, and there was all this fear of Wayans as Ripcord and that there was no real buzz from the studio except the director talking like he wanted to do a James Bond movie and settled for GI Joe. The best we could do was hope for the best.

This time, there is no fear. John Chu bleeds enthusiasm for GI Joe, all those weird teeny-bopper castings seem like they are just to pad the first fifteen minutes, and The Rock has been acting like this is his favourite role ever. Now with the trailer out, I can't set my expectations any lower than YES!!!
Updated!

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 11:35:24 AM »

yeah, funny that the guy who did 'Step Up 2' and everyone was peeing the pants over is apparently directing the best thing to happen to GI Joe since 1982!
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 12:27:36 PM »

yeah, funny that the guy who did 'Step Up 2' and everyone was peeing the pants over is apparently directing the best thing to happen to GI Joe since 1982!

I was thinking the exact same thing. Sometimes you have to take the jobs you don't want so that you can get the ones you want. I suspect that might be the case here.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 12:55:38 PM »

I was thinking the exact same thing. Sometimes you have to take the jobs you don't want so that you can get the ones you want. I suspect that might be the case here.

You can tell by the trailer that John Chu was a G.I. Joe fan.  Even with being 2 minutes long, there are lots of iconic G.I. Joe moments here.  I got chills when I saw the Cobra flags unveiled at the White House. 

I am one of the few people who will publically admit that I love Rise of Cobra, but this one just blows that one out of the water. 

Retaliation is like crack.... I just need more footage!!!!  Awesome.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 01:50:11 PM »

I'm glad to see that the crew was able to be fiscally responsible as well. 

I mean, your decide you want to do wire work for the ninja fight and obviously they got together and said, "how can we make it cool, while watching the budget?"

"Easy, let's do a wire fight on a mountain and we won't have to digitally remove the wires, thousands saved!!"

"Yay. Yeah.  Yo JOE!!"

Ok, I have too much time.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 02:11:29 PM »

SnowHawk, I loved ROC too. get back to me when you are willing to admit to liking Revenge of the Fallen or the Prequel trilogy...

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 03:53:51 PM »

G.I.Joe has enough characters that they can afford to wipe out a bunch of guys and give us a clean new team with a few core elements from the first movie in place.

They could have kept Duke and Scarlett.  Like it or not, they are major characters in the Joe world. 

After re-watching the trailer, Duke was killed off. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 05:29:42 PM »

I think Duke was the only reappearing cast member (no Ripcord, Scarlett, Breaker or Heavy Duty?) so hopefully no one else got killed off.
Wasn't Tunnel Rat or Grunt supposed to be in this? Don't see them anywhere... An early exit perhaps?

And no one has mentioned lack of Snake Eyes lips....old news?  People hated that in movie one.
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 06:58:45 PM »

I think Duke was the only reappearing cast member (no Ripcord, Scarlett, Breaker or Heavy Duty?) so hopefully no one else got killed off.
Wasn't Tunnel Rat or Grunt supposed to be in this? Don't see them anywhere... An early exit perhaps?

And no one has mentioned lack of Snake Eyes lips....old news?  People hated that in movie one.

Funny how you left out Breaker from your list of returning characters. The more I watch Rise of Cobra, the more I realize Saïd Taghmaoui put in that movies funniest, most nuanced performance.
Updated!

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011, 02:04:34 AM »

Breaker's third on his list.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011, 08:57:03 AM »

Breaker's third on his list.

:-[

Err... Yeah, but who's counting?

Updated!

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 09:24:32 AM »

Snake's mask is now a slick from fitting helmet and it looks awesome.
People screamed so much about his rubber mouth in the first one that they simply removed them and now people are happy.
Say no to AFA.