JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Ebay questions...  (Read 8165 times)

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay questions...
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 04:29:04 PM »

Guys,

I

Something to take into consideration is that he's got a feedback score of 334 and he never got any negative feedback until his Aliens auctions. If it so happens that he loves his Aliens figures as much as I do, maybe I should praise him, sarcastically speaking that is.

I had a deal go bad with a guy who had a great feedback score not too long ago it seemed he decided that he had enough of ebay and wanted one last cash in and tried to hose a lot of people so be very wary of this person.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 04:37:42 PM »

I'd buy them but be wary.
Check tracking numbers.
Don't fall for 'delay' stories and leave neg after anyway, as this is a dude who should be avoided.
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

formbx257

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012, 02:42:35 PM »

If you do buy them, remember to save the sellers' pictures of the figures for future reference.
In the past, I've bid on auctions that were "cancelled" at the last minute because they going for less than market value.  Then the same items would turn up a week later being sold by a different seller, but from the same location... that's a sure sign of an untrustworthy African Mask seller!
Watch "The 1980's G.I. Joe Show" on Blip.TV: http://blip.tv/formbx257
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FormBX257/295471453806030

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 08:18:15 AM »

Well I gave you a timbit to make you feel better.  ;)

Joking aside, if you use paypal then chances are you should be OK, dude.

And I sir gave you a juicy Timbit just for calling me "dude" again ;) . Thanks Morg.

Thanks dude!  ;)
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 01:11:09 PM »

Thank you all for your imput. I don't think I would have been able to have a better assessment of the situation without it. I'll make sure you each get a Timbit  8)

Now that I know what my chances are, I'm looking into completing the transaction with this seller because he is not asking an arm and a leg for shipping, and I really would be happy to get these.

I already asked the ebay rep and I will be covered by the paypal buyer protection. However if the transaction takes a turn for the worse and the seller tries to escape with my payment, I will make sure to report him and not just to Ebay.

I will keep all my communication, save all listing pictures (and print screen), keep track of tracking numbers and will not take delays for excuses.  I will act fast if there is a problem.

2 + 2 = 22

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 11:29:41 AM »

Thank you all for your imput. I don't think I would have been able to have a better assessment of the situation without it. I'll make sure you each get a Timbit  8)

Now that I know what my chances are, I'm looking into completing the transaction with this seller because he is not asking an arm and a leg for shipping, and I really would be happy to get these.

I already asked the ebay rep and I will be covered by the paypal buyer protection. However if the transaction takes a turn for the worse and the seller tries to escape with my payment, I will make sure to report him and not just to Ebay.

I will keep all my communication, save all listing pictures (and print screen), keep track of tracking numbers and will not take delays for excuses.  I will act fast if there is a problem.
Sounds like this is really the best you can do in this situation - of course encourage positive feedback before proceeding.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 04:16:51 PM »

good luck joe. 
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

gunghoeddie

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 12:12:31 PM »

sorry to read of your troubles, the thing about ebay is when you are bidding you are entering a contract with the seller that when the item is won it is won, he quite clearly has not managed to get a high enough price and then decided to be greedy to lie and cheat you from what is rightfully yours, sellers like that should be banned from cheating ordinary decent people out of what they have worked for. i'm no fan of ebay and seldom venture onto it these days and with good reason.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 10:47:26 PM »

Guys, many thanks for all the positive vibes: The Aliens figures have arrived!!!!

I say Timbits for everyone! (as soon as I get fresh new ones  ;D )
2 + 2 = 22

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 08:44:47 AM »

Guys, many thanks for all the positive vibes: The Aliens figures have arrived!!!!

I say Timbits for everyone! (as soon as I get fresh new ones  ;D )

And a Timbit for you in celebration.  ;)
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 09:07:43 AM »

yes, timbit for you LJ!  And since Lady Jaye isnt part of the board, you get it Joe
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 01:00:19 PM »

Thanks guys. I'm still baking a few more Timbits for those who didn't get one yet, just to let you know.

The condition of the figures that I received is prystine. It happened that I received before carded figures from Europe before, and when I got them, the cards usually got damaged during the shipping. While this seller had me worried at some point, he did honor the transaction and exceeded all expectations by making sure that all items were very carefully packaged, just like on his listings.

Overall I'm very happy with how the transaction turned out. If I only look at the condition of the items that I received, this must be my best Aliens purchases in all of my Ebay experience. I was considering leaving neutral feedback at first but now I'm perhaps considering leaving positive feedback for not turning his back around when he could've. I don't want to leave negative feedback, I feel that would be too much of an ugly slap on the face, considering that I'm in a state of hapiness. FYI, The Hudson and the O'Malley carded figures were the most shought after figures in the ones he had listed, and I was lucky enough to get them at a good deal. If I leave neutral or positive feedback, I'd still mention that there were transaction issues on the sellers' end. I'll sleep on it for now and decide later on the feedback that the seller deserves. It has to be fair above all.
2 + 2 = 22