JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Ebay questions...  (Read 8164 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Ebay questions...
« on: February 03, 2012, 06:18:20 AM »

Hi guys,

I recently won a couple of auctions from an Ebay seller. I was able to bid on the items at the last seconds from the end and managed to win them for a good deal.

After I sent a request total message to the seller, he replies back that there were bidders who were not able to bid towards the end which is why many of his items ended for not much.

I sent him a friendly message to let him know that out of the 3 auctions that I won, there were 2 that were important to me and if we could conclude the transaction, I would be grateful as I depended on these items to complete a collection that I was going to review on youtube (which is true by the way).

This morning I just received a strange message from him, not only apologizing, but that he will be re-listing the items because Ebay had system crashes resulting in a loss for him. Ebay actually told him to cancel any item ending after a certain time, in this case all my winnings. Is that feasible? It sounds rather fishy.

And do system crashes happen nowadays on Ebay? I'm under the impression that the seller is regretting the outcome of his auctions, but I don't want to be rash.

I really wanted those figures but now I feel like the deal was too good to last. It seems that I wasted my time and I should probably look elsewhere. I was looking at expressing my genuine disappointment to the seller and/or leaving negative feedback which I didn't have to do since a very very long time ago,  but I still don't know if that will change anything...

I'm quite disappointed but this will pass I tell myself.
2 + 2 = 22

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay questions...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 07:07:28 AM »

Contact eBay customer service and quote the auction number.  It sounds like a seller who failed to set minimum amounts.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

5h4rK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 07:19:49 AM »

Contact eBay customer service and quote the auction number.  It sounds like a seller who failed to set minimum amounts.

This^^.. sorry to hear that LJ

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 08:53:11 AM »

This^^.. sorry to hear that LJ

Add me to that list. He is trying to hose you. You know the risks when you list stuff on Ebay. It costs money to set a minimum but it's not your fault he didn't do that. At this point you are the one being ripped off.

BTW, just for giggles, what did you buy and for how much?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 09:46:43 AM »

Step 1 - Ask for positive feedback
Step 2 - After you get the feedback, leave negative.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 11:00:29 AM »

His problem not yours - contact ebay and report the issue.  Save all correspondence you have with him.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 11:10:55 AM »

Guys,

Aside from Gi joe, I collect Kenner Aliens and Predator figures. This is what I bid on and won:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/320834562935?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/320834568499?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/320834580037?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

And There's 3 or 4 other bidders who won stuff at the time as me and left negative feedback for the same reasons I cited. And it's all Aliens stuff too.
2 + 2 = 22

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 11:35:25 AM »

sounds like a jerk-off. report him to eBay and quote what he's said to you.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »

Sorry to hear LJ, report to ebay and leave negative.  I hate people who dont deal in good faith, I hope he gets his account frozen or banned..or in the very least those negatives will keep others from dealing with him which in itself is good too.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:47:34 AM by NeoDragonKnight »
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 01:26:43 PM »

Guys,

I didn't reply to the seller nor filed a complaint with Ebay yet. But he sent me this message:

"Hello sorry about this, but your items will be sent. Ebay are being very unhelpful and it is going to take a couple of days to even get answers from them so I am honouring all bids even though there were problems."

Almost tempting, but to pay this seller is no longer a reasonable and safe option.

Something to take into consideration is that he's got a feedback score of 334 and he never got any negative feedback until his Aliens auctions. If it so happens that he loves his Aliens figures as much as I do, maybe I should praise him, sarcastically speaking that is.
2 + 2 = 22

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 03:24:42 PM »

Well I gave you a timbit to make you feel better.  ;)

Joking aside, if you use paypal then chances are you should be OK, dude.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 03:31:04 PM »

Well I gave you a timbit to make you feel better.  ;)

Joking aside, if you use paypal then chances are you should be OK, dude.

And I sir gave you a juicy Timbit just for calling me "dude" again ;) . Thanks Morg.
2 + 2 = 22