JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: A Pleasant Surprise!  (Read 8402 times)

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
A Pleasant Surprise!
« on: March 29, 2012, 09:43:26 AM »

I picked up a rather large item from Dodge - an "as is" Defiant Complex.  I wasn't too concerned about the condition (he described it as fair) as my son and nephew were going to be playing with it (carefully mind you!!!).  TO be honest - I wouldn't have called it fair at all though.  Cracked hinges, severe fade and missing just about everything.  I have to admit - I was quite disappointed.  That is until I found something hidden inside.

I don't own a Big Lob so I was pleasantly surprised to find this!  Looks like a great o-ring style custom! Whoever did this put a lot of work into it and although I am not a customizer myself I really have to applaud the one who did this.

Overall, a nice find which helps make the deal feel more than fair. 
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: A Pleasant Surprise!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 01:29:10 PM »

Huh. That is a decent Big Lob. The numbers look a bit off center but the rest of that custom is really well done. I'm having a hard time placing the parts on him and to me that is always a sign of a good custom. I've never liked customs where you can see where the body parts came from.

Good find!
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 08:46:55 PM »

Damn it, i have been looking for that since last CJC, (and longer) i must check boxes better,  :(
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 11:56:38 PM »

Nice find pdaat...

Sorry Dodge
Lurking

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 01:43:52 AM »

Damn it, i have been looking for that since last CJC, (and longer) i must check boxes better,  :(

Dodge: It's a little too late a PSA...

Pdaat: Alright, what will it take to get Big Lob back from you? PM sent.
2 + 2 = 22

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 07:09:13 AM »

Dodge: It's a little too late a PSA...

Pdaat: Alright, what will it take to get Big Lob back from you? PM sent.
LJ - the PM you sent - you weren't serious were you?  $5?  This is a nice figure and fills in a bit of a gap for me.  $5 is way too low.  If you are serious, I'm thinking more along the lines of $50.  It would also help recover some of the loss I took with the Defiant.

LMK.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 09:24:31 AM »

TRacker torso, Heavy Duty arms. Legs I'm not sure, wouldn't be that tough to figure out. The head my only guess is Street Fighter Movie Guile, but if that's the case the paint job is amazing.

Cool custom.
Updated!

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 09:47:49 AM »

TRacker torso, Heavy Duty arms. Legs I'm not sure, wouldn't be that tough to figure out. The head my only guess is Street Fighter Movie Guile, but if that's the case the paint job is amazing.

Cool custom.
The legs looks like Chuckles'.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 12:48:10 PM »

LJ - the PM you sent - you weren't serious were you?  $5?  This is a nice figure and fills in a bit of a gap for me.  $5 is way too low.  If you are serious, I'm thinking more along the lines of $50.  It would also help recover some of the loss I took with the Defiant.

Since you took my PM to the boards, I am taking it here too big boy  ;) !

You speak of "loss". You have no idea what losses this Big Lob represents to me.

It started many years ago when I was to buy something from Grunt for a few bucks. He then told me he wanted my Big Lob, so broke ass as I was I  accepted to give him my custom in a trade with him. Dodge who was visiting Montreal at the time accepted to deliver it for me to Grunt4mvp. But some way along the way back home, he LOST Big Lob. And then, as he was trading with another fellow canuckeer, it popped up again in a vehicle Dodge sold to someone. Only that someone was at least KIND enough to return it to him. So Big Lob was on its way to Grunt again until Dodge managed to lose him again. And now it shows up in your newly acquired Defiant.

Speaking of which, I think I have a friendly solution: It so happens that I gave Dodge a Defiant shuttle complex for his birthday a week or so ago (I was hoping not having to mention this on the boards but I don't seem to have a choice now do I?). Mine IS in fair condition. You can swap with him for your crappy one and call it a day.  Everyone will be happy and you should no longer need to keep Big Lob.
2 + 2 = 22

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 02:59:23 PM »

Cool custom.

Are you sure that's not Bulletproof's head?

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 03:53:13 PM »

Cool custom.

Are you sure that's not Bulletproof's head?
I agree, it looks like Bulletproof.

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 10:43:00 PM »

Since you took my PM to the boards, I am taking it here too big boy  ;) !

You speak of "loss". You have no idea what losses this Big Lob represents to me.

It started many years ago when I was to buy something from Grunt for a few bucks. He then told me he wanted my Big Lob, so broke ass as I was I  accepted to give him my custom in a trade with him. Dodge who was visiting Montreal at the time accepted to deliver it for me to Grunt4mvp. But some way along the way back home, he LOST Big Lob. And then, as he was trading with another fellow canuckeer, it popped up again in a vehicle Dodge sold to someone. Only that someone was at least KIND enough to return it to him. So Big Lob was on its way to Grunt again until Dodge managed to lose him again. And now it shows up in your newly acquired Defiant.

Speaking of which, I think I have a friendly solution: It so happens that I gave Dodge a Defiant shuttle complex for his birthday a week or so ago (I was hoping not having to mention this on the boards but I don't seem to have a choice now do I?). Mine IS in fair condition. You can swap with him for your crappy one and call it a day.  Everyone will be happy and you should no longer need to keep Big Lob.
Does your Defiant has a yellow stain on a payload door and the number "22" engraved on the bottom?  I'm guessing I already have your Defiant........ ???