JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Ninja Duel Snake Eyes  (Read 3422 times)

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Ninja Duel Snake Eyes
« on: June 06, 2012, 05:57:24 PM »

The upcoming Snake Eyes from the second wave of Retaliation figures.

This figure looks a lot like the SE we saw in the various trailers.

He looks more armored and his uniform looks more form fitting than the SE from the first wave.

This new mask feels and looks more like a tight helmet than a balaclava and visor combo.

The various paint apps on the figure are pretty cool. Some nice glossy black highlights on a matte figure. Of course he sports the Arashikage logo on his arm.

The belt is pretty neat. It has a holster for a pistol and a sheath for a knife. It has some nice sculpted pouches on the back as well.

This Snake Eyes travels light, but has a nice little assortment of weapons and the same zip line gimmick as the red ninja's

The backpack is a little big, but it simulates that old Snake might carry more than we think.

The sword sheath can be removed from the backpack and be used on it's own.

Action shot!

This new figure sports all the cool new articulations that the other Retaliation SEs have like the ball hinged wrists and rocking ankles.

Along side Wave 1 SE

I'm glad I pulled the trigger on this one as I was really looking forward to it since we saw some pictures from Toy Fair.
It's a fun figure that has cool details without carrying a lot of stuff around.
The helmet and armor almost makes the figure look like a Snake Eyes from the future.

I might prefer the baggier pants from the Wave 1 figure, but this new SE is my favorite of the line.
Say no to AFA.

Emags

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Ninja Duel Snake Eyes
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 11:01:59 PM »

Nice review and pics, thanks.  Where did u find Wave 2?

Its a different take on SE.  For me, it does not top the ultimate PoC SE, so I would not be a buyer, but still a cool figure, nonetheless.

Agree on the legs, but it is not obvious unless SE Wave 2 is standing next to SE Wave 1.....I really like the big backpack too.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Ninja Duel Snake Eyes
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 08:14:51 AM »

I would have probably passed on this one before but now I'll buy one. Good review. ;D
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.