JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Sega Genesis Console needed  (Read 4607 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Sega Genesis Console needed
« on: July 15, 2012, 10:51:24 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if anyone has an old Sega Genesis console (the core) that still works and that they don't need anymore. Basically, I have the whole system already, but the core console burnt or something, and doesn't work anymore. I'm looking for the elongated model, not the square one (unless you have the cables for it, because the TV cable is different than on the longer model's)

I'm willing to either trade for Joes or to buy a fully functional core. I've tried Kijiji but after people answering me that they don't know if the system still works or not, I just thought I would rather do a favor to a buddy on the boards instead.

Let me know!

LJ22
2 + 2 = 22

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Sega Genesis Console needed
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 10:57:52 PM »

Damn.. I just sold mine some months ago.. it was the square one though, so..
But I have an Atari 2600 for sale (I have 2 of them) if someone's interested!

Good luck LJ!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 12:51:29 PM »

Thanks 5u5h1b0y  ;D

Putting all jokes aside, I just want to find a replacement console for dirtcheap (or even free) to play my old favorite games one more time.

I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it. Sega Genesis is perhaps one of the last platforms that old school gamers would want to have.

2 + 2 = 22

5h4rK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 11:19:22 PM »

What was your favorite game on the old Genesis? Mine was Streets of Rage! Ah the memories..

5h4rK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 11:25:51 PM »

These consoles are a great alternative if you don't want to invest in an original..

You can play NES, SNES and Genesis games on them and a friend told me that they were pretty reliable..

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 11:36:19 PM »

What is that console called? I think I saw them before.... How much would you say is a reasonable price to pay for them? My concern is that with shipping and the end price it will end up costing more than an original console will cost me.

And to answer your question, my all-time favorite games are Streets of Rage 3, Castlevania Bloodlines, Road Rash, Blaster Master 2 (direct sequel to NES' Blaster Master  ;) ) and Contra: Hard C.O.R.P.S. (not the Lanard C.o.r.p.s.!  :o ) and Michael Jackson's Moonwalker. I still have all of them minus Moonwalker which is probably worth alot more now.
2 + 2 = 22

5h4rK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 11:52:25 PM »

They are called RetroN3 and they are available here in Chateauguay for 40-50$ if I remember.. Personnally I prefer the original consoles..

Road Rash! Wow! Have you ever completed that game?

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 12:11:40 AM »

They are called RetroN3 and they are available here in Chateauguay for 40-50$ if I remember.. Personnally I prefer the original consoles..

Road Rash! Wow! Have you ever completed that game?

I did. Once upon a time  :) .

That console interests me. Maybe if I can't find a Sega Genesis console, I'll ask you to help me get one. But I'll try to get the original console first.
2 + 2 = 22

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 12:39:43 AM »

Me too. I had one of those and traded it for something about 6 months ago. The sound is gimped and there other issues like some games not working and wonky wireless controllers. Better to find original consoles.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 11:53:10 AM »

UPDATE: I did find a Sega Genesis Console (the second release, square shaped, not rectangular). Unfortunately I'm missing a power cord for it.

Can anyone help? Willing to pay 10 bucks for it. Prefer to buy locally, but if you're not local and want to trade for it, that too would be convenient for me.

Thanks guys for reminding me of this post.

PS: peter10ns, PM sent :)

2 + 2 = 22

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 02:58:29 PM »

I hear ya man.  We bought a whole new console JUST for the the power cord.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 09:09:14 AM »

UPDATE: I did find a Sega Genesis Console (the second release, square shaped, not rectangular). Unfortunately I'm missing a power cord for it.

Can anyone help? Willing to pay 10 bucks for it. Prefer to buy locally, but if you're not local and want to trade for it, that too would be convenient for me.

Thanks guys for reminding me of this post.

PS: peter10ns, PM sent :)

Game Centre should be able to help you with a replacement power cord. Try calling one of their locations.

https://www.facebook.com/gamecentre