JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 2012 Canadian GIJoe comic preview  (Read 10803 times)

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
Re: 2012 Canadian GIJoe comic preview
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 01:28:51 PM »

Thanks, guys. I definitely enjoyed working on the story that Ryan (Scramble) scripted.

formbx257 - No worries. If my stuff didn't look worth buying, I work harder in my art. Now that Joe Canuck and Black Ice have been revealed as part of our set, I'll have limited prints of the evolution of both characters so you can compare the character art from several years ago to today's versions.

joss789

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 01:38:53 PM »

I'll have limited prints of the evolution of both characters so you can compare the character art from several years ago to today's versions.

Is those prints will be available at the convention?
www.canadianjoecon.com

THE LARGEST SELECTION OF JOE ITEMS IN CANADA!

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 02:06:53 PM »

Yes, only at the convention!

joss789

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 02:17:29 PM »

Great, thanks!
www.canadianjoecon.com

THE LARGEST SELECTION OF JOE ITEMS IN CANADA!

Blitzkrieg

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 03:56:45 PM »

Very nice work Jason. I won't say anything but I've been able I think I've been able to put something together now with this years set that makes me very happy.

Hmm. I wondering if we're thinking about the same thing.

Personally, I'm hoping the Cobra North MANTA in the background is not the yet-to-be-revealed second vehicle and is more of a red herring, since after seeing Black Ice, it would seem a somewhat anti-climactic way to close out the set. Not to mention the disappointment of a 5-figure/2-vehicle set consisting of only one good guy.

Blitzkrieg

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 08:01:02 PM »

Yet the Manta comes with a red visored Lamprey...which can be used for Snowbank perhaps next year

Very nice work Jason. I won't say anything but I've been able I think I've been able to put something together now with this years set that makes me very happy.

Hmm. I wondering if we're thinking about the same thing.

Personally, I'm hoping the Cobra North MANTA in the background is not the yet-to-be-revealed second vehicle and is more of a red herring, since after seeing Black Ice, it would seem a somewhat anti-climactic way to close out the set. Not to mention the disappointment of a 5-figure/2-vehicle set consisting of only one good guy.

Blitzkrieg
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

Blitzkrieg

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 10:15:29 AM »

Yet the Manta comes with a red visored Lamprey...which can be used for Snowbank perhaps next year

Not the Mantis Attack Craft, the G.I. Joe Manta from the 80s: http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/84/manta/

Blitzkrieg

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 10:31:53 AM »

whops my bad
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 02:36:48 PM »

i wish whatever dumb schmuck does the links on Yo Joe would learn that just because a name's the same or similar, they're not always the same vehicle. cf. MANTA/Manta Ray, Rattler/Rattler 4WD among others...
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 11:25:51 PM »

The last preview page I'll post of the comic. It's the first page.
https://twitter.com/Rebel_Loo/status/229053888551075840/photo/1/large

Blitzkrieg

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 09:28:12 PM »

The last preview page I'll post of the comic. It's the first page.
https://twitter.com/Rebel_Loo/status/229053888551075840/photo/1/large

The excellent artwork continues!  8)

Without any dialogue, I feel like I'm watching an episode of "Lost", where the more information that I'm given, the more questions I have.  ???

I am sure that the dialogue will clarify alot of that, because if this is the first page, it seems like some of the panels/events are out of order. Perhaps the middle row is a bunch of flashbacks.

I'm glad to see that the 2011 Canuckleheads will be somehow involved in the storyline as well. I am still trying to figure out who the reddish/orange bearded skiier is, cuz I doubt it's Snow Job... maybe the Canuckleheads' drill instructor?

I am also trying to figure out who the military officer is with Joe Canuck. Between this page and the previous one shown, I am starting to wonder whether there's a traitor/betrayal storyline involved. Since this first page looks like the officer is helping to provide the Canuckleheads with supplies, but in the previous page shown, the last row of panels is split between the officer, HAGAR, and Retrofit. Although the officer is using the same type of communicator that Joe Canuck has on his jacket, I can't tell if he is talking to Joe Canuck or HAGAR/Retrofit. Perhaps HAGAR and Retrofit are eavesdropping on the conversation between the officer and Joe Canuck. Another possibility may be if the CJC team are doing a traitor storyline like in the 2010 comic, it might be a revenge betrayal where one of the good guys (i.e., the officer) is actually an undercover Cobra North agent, or even the mysterious 2nd in command of Cobra North mentioned in the file cards for whom HAGAR is his avatar.

So many questions, and I still need to wait almost two weeks for the answers.

Counting down the days...

Blitzkrieg