JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Jada Toys HALO 4 Warthog Collector's Edition  (Read 3732 times)

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Jada Toys HALO 4 Warthog Collector's Edition
« on: December 26, 2012, 05:03:15 PM »

Wow.

Gotta get the first impression out of the way.  Just wow.
This was waiting for me under the tree on Christmas morn, from my wife and step-son. I happened to see it in a store about a week or so before for the first time and was quite impressed.
This is an approx 1/18th scale, diecast and plastic rendition of the famous tried-and-true Warthog vehicle from the HALO games. This rendition is about 14" long,and weighs about, oh......5-7 lbs.

It. Is. DETAILED.

Loads of "little things" about this item--tons of grab handles, lots of readouts on the cockpit instrument panel, steering works, has a gatling gun emplacement that spins around/raises & lowers. Front hood opens revealing an engine.

Now, let's clarify a couple of things: a lot of the "detail" is......non-functional. There's tow winches, equipment boxes, jerry cans, gear shifts...all sorts of small features that LOOK like they do something.......but they don't. That's okay though, I think.......because the looks are there.

The big question you have: yes, it fits Joes
Like a dream, actually.
Its apparently a bit over-scale for Joes, but I'm told it seems a bit UNDER-SCALE for actual HALO figures. I crewed mine with Retaliation G.I.Joe troopers--the HALO-looking guys--and they fit real well. The cab is roomy, but not overly so, the gun turret, looks real good with a Joe standing there---and he can grip onto the gun grips and holds fast. And those Retaliation figures look REAL sweet in this thing.
Its like this thing was built with Joes in mind, rather than actual HALO figures. There's ample space to store their personal weapons beside their seats, even room fora couple of the back packs in the back area, and still spin the turret.
Put a trooper kneeling in the passenger seat, aiming a rifle alongside the wind-shield and it looks natural, like it was made to be so.  Joe hands can grip ALL of the grab handles, steering wheel, the gear shift, all the important stuff.
Some eyes MIGHT see it as over-scale......some might not care about the scale at all. Current price is around $50-$60, but its been on sale at places like TRU recently and MIGHT still be on sale there and at other places.  If you can get it for less than the price- it definitely worth it. Its a seriously cool-looking item.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Jada Toys HALO 4 Warthog Collector's Edition
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 08:54:50 PM »

You mean, this:

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 10:06:34 PM »

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 11:57:52 AM »

there are plenty of joe vehicles with scale issues.  I've never really cared that much about stuff like that. If the toy is awesome use it, and that toy looks awesome.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 12:35:22 PM »

Yes it is incredible!!!!

I picked up one for 30% off recently and it is great!!!  It is amazing and HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Definitely worth the price on sale.  If I can grab another one on sale I will definitely pick it up.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 02:09:04 PM »

I've seen this toy in person and it totally kicks.

The only immediate thing I find out of scale are the shell and the wheels. The seats look almost proportionned for modern era gi joe figures.
2 + 2 = 22

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 11:57:15 AM »

Here's some pics of how I have mine set up: