JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: IDW Michael Golden GIJOE Artist Edition Portfolio  (Read 2292 times)

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
IDW Michael Golden GIJOE Artist Edition Portfolio
« on: May 08, 2013, 09:41:36 PM »

I had this on order a few months back, it came in today.
This is a reproduction portfolio of the original art pages from the Marvel GIJOE Yearbook #2--the October Guard story, as drawn/inked by Michael Golden.
The portfolio contains all the pages from said story, in unbound page-by-page format, scanned and printed at the actual drawn/inked 11x17" size.  The format has the cover and the interior art pages, but the interior pages have a surprise: they are double-sided with one side being lettered, and the other being the unlettered art.
I have a couple of the artist edition books that IDW has put out and this is the first portfolio edition I have bought from them. The scans are from the original art, and done in colour--which is to say it' black and white art, but you can see all the paste-up, white-out, smears, stains, smudges and crud that the art has at present. The scans are good enough that this is like owning a set of the original art for this coming--I often find myself running my fingers along the pages thinking that I can feel the white-out or paste-up.

Now, what's the scratch??   $55, give-or-take depending on your LCS or your discount there. You cannot score even ONE of the actual pages from this issue for anywhere near that price, and via this format you can get the entire story in as-good-as original art prints.
I'm sold on the format and one what IDW is doing with these editions......if you can get your hands on this portfolio--do so.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: IDW Michael Golden GIJOE Artist Edition Portfolio
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 11:13:16 PM »

Thanks!  I just might do it.  It is definitely a good price.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.