JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: What can we talk about today ?  (Read 5860 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: What can we talk about today ?
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 08:23:54 AM »

This is what I consider the ModernEra stuff (25th anniversary, RoC, PoC, 30th anniversary, Retaliation)

New Sculpt Era (Joe Vs Cobra, Spytroops, Valor Vs Venom, DTC)

ARAH (Vintage 82-94, ARAH Collection 97-2002, ARAH repaints that were available during the New Sculpt Era ie. Toys R Us 6-packs..comic 3-packs etc..)

..and you have the other lines that I don't really consider a part of the main series (Sgt Savage, Extreme, Sigma 6, Kre-O and all those babyish lines..

Where is the like button?  ;D

g.ijoecollecter3400

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 12:28:17 PM »

This is what I consider the ModernEra stuff (25th anniversary, RoC, PoC, 30th anniversary, Retaliation)

New Sculpt Era (Joe Vs Cobra, Spytroops, Valor Vs Venom, DTC)

ARAH (Vintage 82-94, ARAH Collection 97-2002, ARAH repaints that were available during the New Sculpt Era ie. Toys R Us 6-packs..comic 3-packs etc..)

..and you have the other lines that I don't really consider a part of the main series (Sgt Savage, Extreme, Sigma 6, Kre-O and all those babyish lines..

I like the sigma six stuff. I wish i was collecting when it was available to be bought in zellers and wallmart. Its the only line i like actually having loose....They come with soooooo much weapons and stuff.  I got about 8 figures, second hand so im misssing a lot of accessories.  Figure i would like to have most is Roadblock with his Gigantic gattling gun.
I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 01:05:48 AM »

I really like the Pursuit of Cobra stuff. There are some fantastic updates to classic characters and a couple new guys: Jungle Viper and Shadow Tracker.

It was the first set since VvV that didn't feel like a nostalgia trip. G.I. Joe is above that as a toy line.

kurt_eh

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 01:15:37 AM »

Why do I keep having to resist the urge to answer with "Same thing we do every night, Pinky..." ;)

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 08:29:21 AM »

I really like the Pursuit of Cobra stuff. There are some fantastic updates to classic characters and a couple new guys: Jungle Viper and Shadow Tracker.

It was the first set since VvV that didn't feel like a nostalgia trip. G.I. Joe is above that as a toy line.
POC was a great line.  A fine update.  That Beach Head still warms my heart!  And the Jungle Duke was a great idea for dealing with multiple versions of the same character.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

g.ijoecollecter3400

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 12:09:21 PM »

I agree P.O.C is an awesome line. I had a chance to buy 15 to 20 figures when they where @ zellers on the pegs for 11.99$ each. Crazy legs, dusty, doc i think ?, jungle bat and others. I was just so brainwashed by 20 yrs of what a g.i joe should look like. And they didn't look like. I was like "" phhhht, this line ain't going no where but down ""  Oh how i was wrong !!!!!

Lets just chalk this one up to woulda, coulda , shoulda.

Or break out the NO button. Your choice...?
I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""