JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Edmonton Entertainment Expo 2013  (Read 3305 times)

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Edmonton Entertainment Expo 2013
« on: September 30, 2013, 06:05:14 PM »

I was able to attend the EEE again this year and was impressed to see that it was as advertised; MUCH LARGER.
The guest area took up the original size hall from 2012, and the vendors room was in an adjacent much larger hall.  The space was VAST, but there were a lot of vendors and exhibitors.
GIJOE product was decently represented, with about a good dozen+ vendors ( out of about 100) carrying a mix of vintage and new product. There were even a couple of booths selling some 12" vintage military and Adventure team Joes, and at not-unreasonable prices.
Overall prices were modest; a mix of some good deals and some of what I would call gouging.
One smaller booth ( Cobra Collectibles) had a really good mix of old/new product and was pricing things fairly. The overall selection of toys in the hall was a healthy mixture of new/old--and mostly action figures. Star Trek and Star Wars toys were very well represented. One booth was all Doctor Who items.

I purchased some Dollar General carded Joes, another Retaliation 3.5 Duke, and a Triple T to go with my 25th Anniversary Sgt Slaughter.
The con was very well attended ( 25,000 in the doors for the weekend) and had a very good showing by the vendors, for the region.
It's a large event, with good guests, good programming in a great venue.

And next year they say they are going to make it even LARGER!  :o

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Edmonton Entertainment Expo 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 11:26:04 PM »

Do you know if Cobra Collectibles has a website?

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 12:20:41 AM »

Didn't take any pics myself, but type in " Edmonton Expo 2013" into Google images and you can see a smattering of images from the event and last years event.

COBRA Collectibles has an Ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Cobra-Collectables

Sureshot

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 03:20:56 AM »

I didn't see much in the way of Retaliation stuff, mind you I wasn't looking very thouroughly. The place that had Duke for 20 and the Data Viper for 19 is the only one I can recall. Didn't see the Dollar Joes either. How much did you pay for those ARROW?

Inzane

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 11:45:07 AM »

Uh oh.......

I take it I just missed this event?     :(

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 12:46:43 PM »

I didn't see much in the way of Retaliation stuff, mind you I wasn't looking very thouroughly. The place that had Duke for 20 and the Data Viper for 19 is the only one I can recall. Didn't see the Dollar Joes either. How much did you pay for those ARROW?
Cobra Collectibles had the Dollar General Joes--I picked up a Duke and Storm Shadow, for $10 and $15 respectively. They only had a few and I imagine they probably sold out quickly. They had some last year and they sold out then within a 1/2 hour.

The Toys on Fire booth had Retaliation 3.5 on hand, and had about 3 cases worth in a tray. Their prices ran from around $12-$15 up to $20 each. There were a couple other booths that had a few earlier Retaliation items.