JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Marauder John Kickstarter Project Series 7  (Read 1899 times)

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Marauder John Kickstarter Project Series 7
« on: December 11, 2013, 05:31:22 PM »

Not a GIJOE item per se, but stuff that definitely works with Joes:
Marauder John's Kickstarter project Series 7 weapons set.

I participated in this several months ago, and MJ has been delivering the results over the past month. The Kickstarter was to fund the production of the latest series of weapons, adding to the arsenal that they offer.

There were two projects, one run after the other to add some extras at the same time. I participated in both.  I just recently got the last of the items from the project, and had also bought an additional two sets. I initially thought I wasn't got to get all that much, but I ended up receiving a LOT more than I expected out of the Kickstarter project. I feel I was "very well taken care of "--a testament to Marauder John's commitment to customer service, and just sweetening the deal.

Now....in a word, these things are OUTSTANDING.

Incredibly detailed, FUNCTIONAL parts, and add-ons like optics. And they have THREE paint variants they produced for the project: unpainted black cast, gun-metal with realistic black/silver/green apps, and a desert tan app that is exclusive only to the project(for now). The rest are currently offered on their site.

Ammo mags can be pulled out, stocks on several weapons are folding/collapsible, optics and accessories such as grips can be swapped via peg holes. These things are 1/18th scale and some parts are TINY! Yet the detail and functionality are there. The stuff is made out of ABS plastic, and the tolerances for these things are VERY tight. They can be a bit fiddly and fussy, but they are not super fragile.
There's some clever design work some items, such as how they've managed sliding stocks, and things like positionable grab-handles.

Here's the thing though...they are not just new and different weapons to add to what you have....some replicate already existing weapons ( such as the GIJOE XLR laser rifle--albeit a bit smaller), but they do something perhaps more important: they can breathe some life back into your collection.

One of the oft-heard laments from many collectors is when a toy-line stops being produced, many collectors lose interest and choose to dispose of their collections. GIJOE is in a lull right now...and the future for the brand is not the brightest. The MJ guns really add some spark to the figures, they really give some variety to the looks and......well, they can get a collector's hands back onto the toys.
I think that is a good thing, a real benefit for the hobby, and something GIJOE desperately needs.
The various sets are reasonably priced, and they have a lot of different weapons to offer......and word is that they have even more ambitious stuff planned. Count me as a fan, and do check them out.

http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront