JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Your GI Joe Haul.......  (Read 4403 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Your GI Joe Haul.......
« on: January 02, 2015, 03:56:24 PM »

Since this is a common thread on other boards I  figured why not here?

Post whatever GI Joe related haul you come across.  Yes I am aware how sparse new Joe product is currently, but it doesn't have to be new stuff.

My last haul of 2014 was a good one.  Silver Snail had a 40%off boxing day sale and I was able to snag the Snow Job/BAT and Lady Jaye/Baroness for $19.99 each....40% off, so after tax it was $13.55 each.  SWEET!!!! 

Have to say I love the snow camo on the BAT, but underwhelmed by LJ and Baroness.

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Your GI Joe Haul.......
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 08:12:12 AM »

I got in on the TrU sales of Kre-o stuff. About $300 all told.
4 x Terror Drome
5 x Dojo
5 x Battle Platform
2 x Armored Assault
3 x Firebat./Wolverine
2 x Boat one
3 x Ghost Striker
1 x Dragonfly
2 x Check Point
2 x Outpust Defender
About 10 blind bag figs from ser. 2 and 5

I also got a free box of ARAH vehicles, mostly complete and in awesome shape. AWE striker (missing cannon, snapped antenna), HISS (busted guns of course), MOBAT, RAM (1 extra bike), Water Moccasin (minty!), Bomb Disposal (missing a mine), Flight Pod (busted gun), CLAW (super nice!), Mountain Howitzer (missing a shell), ASP (snapped cannon mount), Whirlwind, SHARC (w/ Deep Six), Polar BB, Chameleon (busted handle bar clip), Sky Hawk (busted skids), Slugger (w/ Thunder), Thunder Machine, HAVOC (missing 2 missiles)

Got most of the CAN blueprints and they're all really nice + some extras the guy hadn't sold with the bigger vehicles (Moray, Terror Drome, Night Raven).

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 10:35:35 AM »

You got 4 Terror Dromes??? WOW!  I got one and it is huge.  My friends in Texas have been building the TD on the Lego Large grey base plate to make it easier to move as it prone to bow out on the bottom when being moved. 
Lurking

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 12:55:59 PM »

They got down to $35 at one point so I couldn't resist a couple more. Of course I only built one for now, they are pretty big.

Eradicator

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 02:24:20 PM »

The Kre-O stuff looks very cool but unfortunately I don't have much room for it. Overall, how do you guys like it?

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 09:08:46 PM »

I went on two binges in 2014

a) KRE-O.  I bought most of the playsets in the States while down there for work.  All I am missing is the Terror Drome set and the Crimson Twin from wave 3.  I hope my son wants them in 6-8 years time. 

b) Black Major customs.  I went on a ebay binge late the fall as I suspected he would be throwing in the towel.   He did.  But I am still missing some of the terror troopers.  I didn't realize they were going to be pain to track down.   The biggest kick in the nads was dealing with the built in import fee/customs duty that ebay has for International Priority Shipping.  I have add items declared for 50 bucks and guess what, no duty.  But ebay is using a 20 buck threshold to start screwing you with the import fee.   
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 09:11:46 AM »

got the 2008 and 2014 Joe Con comics today, so here's all my con comics.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 11:56:25 AM »

Post whatever GI Joe related haul you come across.  Yes I am aware how sparse new Joe product is currently, but it doesn't have to be new stuff.

My last haul of 2014 was a good one.  Silver Snail had a 40%off boxing day sale and I was able to snag the Snow Job/BAT and Lady Jaye/Baroness for $19.99 each....40% off, so after tax it was $13.55 each.  SWEET!!!! 

Have to say I love the snow camo on the BAT, but underwhelmed by LJ and Baroness.

That was a pretty epic sale, eh?

Too bad about the face on that Lady Jaye. It's just... really bad. What happened???

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 06:33:07 PM »

That was a pretty epic sale, eh?

Too bad about the face on that Lady Jaye. It's just... really bad. What happened???

Derp, Derp, Derp....is what happened!!!!!

Seriously though, I would have thought the with such limited items being released they could have gotten her eyes right.