JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Maybe GI Joe isn't completely dead!!!  (Read 4488 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Maybe GI Joe isn't completely dead!!!
« on: January 04, 2015, 07:37:00 AM »

Over on that other Joe site there is news of Mark Weber taking over the Joe brand at Hasbro.

Apparently he is a big fan since he was a kid and he said he wants to get more collector feedback.

As well he wants to make it easier to get army builders for collectors.  Also expect more, and new vehicles!!!!! (SWEET!!!)

Of course this is all talk, and we will have to wait and see, but I think 2015 will be very much like 2014.  However it does give hope for 2016.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe GI Joe isn't completely dead!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 01:16:45 PM »

To me, I don't need to see pegs and pegs of joe product, just new stuff from time to time without paying $40 a figure. this will be interesting to see what happens.

Eradicator

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 02:22:41 PM »

I am very interested to see what they have planned. A new cartoon would be great.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 03:06:16 PM »

Just having a dedicated brand manager for GIJOE is significant. I gather that the brand hasn't had a person in the role for a couple of years now, and that the design team had been shuttered.  The rumours I'm hearing is that there's a build-up not so much for the next movie--although that will be a big part of the plans--but that there will be a Black Series 6" ( 1/12th) scale figure line.  Talk of vehicles is good, IF they are all-new vehicles because that is where new designs tend to come into play.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 06:38:30 PM »

The good news is that they plan on being at JoeCon this year, which means they must have something in the pipeline by now.  Maybe Toyfair will have something to show, but I won't hold my breath.

The bad news is that while I love the talk of more focus on collectors, new vehicles and playsets, and easier army building.  The reality is that we are at the stage now of "show me", don't tell me.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 08:55:43 PM »

Based on my experiences, I expect Mark to interact with the collectors of the GI JOE collecting community.  He did this with McFarlane sports picks collectors over on the unofficial spawn message board.  I have him to thank for having a Pittsburgh Steelers figure included in every NFL wave when he was the sports brand manager. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 06:35:47 PM »

So the sad news is that there will be no GI Joe presence at Toy Fair this year!  BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was actually bummed about this for a second, and then I read that Hasbro won't have any Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys at Toy Fair this year either.

So if they can't, or won't, bring their big gun for 2015 I can't be too upset.

Also it seems like Joe Con is the first big stop, with a still rumoured 6" Black Series styled exclusive for SDCC.

Just a wait and see I guess.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 09:48:37 PM »

The good news is that they plan on being at JoeCon this year, which means they must have something in the pipeline by now.  Maybe Toyfair will have something to show, but I won't hold my breath.

The bad news is that while I love the talk of more focus on collectors, new vehicles and playsets, and easier army building.  The reality is that we are at the stage now of "show me", don't tell me.

Where is the like button :-)