JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: What would be your first 4 "Black Series" 6 inch Joes?  (Read 6405 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
What would be your first 4 "Black Series" 6 inch Joes?
« on: January 09, 2015, 05:59:24 AM »

Since SW started with just 4 figures in their launch of the Black Series, I figured I would see what you guys think?

If you were starting a 6" line for Joes, who would you put in the first case assortment?  Assuming 4 characters, 8 total figures.

Knowing that pretty much no matter what, there would be at least 1 shelf warmer, I went with the following:

Snake Eyes (really is there any doubt this would happen?)
Baroness (1 female, but this time I would start with a character that needs to be done properly.  Also black leather never hurts!!!  Oh and she could be repainted into her comic colours 1st appearance).
Cobra Trooper (each assortment would have to have an army builder so start with the classic)
Duke (I know, I know  BLAH, but you need one sort of traditional army looking figure to start)

If it was a case of 8 I would just stick with 2 figures per case, knowing that most likely Duke would be the shelf warmer.  I doubt Baroness would be considering she is probably the most popular female character.

I think it would be a safe assortment, with a bit of "go big, or go home" mentality to it.  Meaning that it would probably be the best options to draw money to what would undoubtedly be a testing of the waters.  I think the SW Black Series showed that you will have shelf warmers no matter what, especially ones you may not expect, but also you can start off the series without having to throw in all the big names right at the start.  Or at least their classic versions.

Thoughts?

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: What would be your first 4 "Black Series" 6 inch Joes?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 01:14:19 PM »

Hmmm, that's an interesting topic. Thanks Canprime! I'd say these would be my logical choice of 4 characters they'd put in the first wave of an 8 figure case:

-Snake Eyes v1 w/ Timber this time and his mass device component. 2 per case because he's popular with the kids and he's a bad ass commando.
-Duke (Can't have a joe platoon starting without its 'Man of Action' now can we? Interchangeable heads: regular and prisonner as seen in the Mass device ) 1 per case.
-Cobra Commander (Face it. If you're going to put the Man of Action into the mix, might as well have the evil Cobra Ruler. he would come w/ a "world-class domination" Staff, mind controling device, cape, and interchangeable heads: 'face plate' and 'hooded mask') 1 per case, and they would get his sculpt right even if he's not cartoon accurate.
-Cobra Soldier (just because, you can't have a basic Cobra army without him. Would come w/ at least two interchangeable heads, at least one caucasian and one afro american, in two variant packages at least, each displaying one of the two heads on the figure ) 4 per case.

EDIT: Yay Babey! The Edit button is back Under Jon S. and Pete's ownership, they rock!!!!!!! Now, If I could only get my emoticons back, I'm a very emotional man you know. :-)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:37:54 AM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 02:13:55 PM »

Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander, Duke
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 03:48:30 PM »

Roadblock

Snake Eyes

Lady Jaye

Cobra Commander

Yep. That's right. Roadblock is the face of Joe now, kids!!!

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 04:26:02 PM »

Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander, Duke

I'd have to second this roster. Add Timber in to Snake-Eyes, and give Duke a jet pack and a flag.  CC should have two heads: helmet and hood, add a COBRA flag and it'll be golden.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 08:00:19 PM »

Following Hasbro trends:

Snake Eyes
Duke
Stalker
Cobra Trooper

Wave 2

Storm Shadow
Cobra Commander
Cobra Trooper
Road Block

Wave 3
Repaint Snake Eyes from fist wave with some grey highlights
Grunt
Major Bludd
Cobra Office
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 08:46:42 PM »

Fixed that for you :-)

Following Hasbro trends:

Snake Eyes
Duke
Stalker
Cobra Trooper

Wave 2
Snake Eyes v2
Duke v2
Cobra Commander
Road Block

Wave 3
Snake Eyes v3
Duke v3
Major Bludd
Cobra Officer

:-)

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 02:05:24 AM »

Fixed that for you :-)

Following Hasbro trends:

Snake Eyesv1,233
Dukev995
Stalkerv37
Cobra Trooperv47

Wave 2
Snake Eyes v1,234
Duke v996
Cobra Commanderv750
Road Blockv347

Wave 3
Snake Eyes 1,235
Duke 998
Major Bluddv14
Cobra Officerv6

:-)

fixed for you
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:08:07 AM by Sundance »
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 10:10:02 AM »

I would use, Duke, Major Bludd, Steel Brigade Trooper, Cobra Trooper.  Gives you instant army building and allows kids right away to make themselves part of the joe team. I think you have to flesh out the first couple of waves, the first couple of waves are never as good as later waves so I want to wait until Hasbro get their stuff together before they bring out the top guys like CC and Snake Eyes. Plus I know I want those guys so I would be eagerly awaiting their release. Id rather look forward to finally getting a sweet Destro, over an early poorly designed early version.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 11:55:30 AM »

I would use, Duke, Major Bludd, Steel Brigade Trooper, Cobra Trooper.  Gives you instant army building and allows kids right away to make themselves part of the joe team. I think you have to flesh out the first couple of waves, the first couple of waves are never as good as later waves so I want to wait until Hasbro get their stuff together before they bring out the top guys like CC and Snake Eyes. Plus I know I want those guys so I would be eagerly awaiting their release. Id rather look forward to finally getting a sweet Destro, over an early poorly designed early version.

Sorry but "kids" aren't going to be the target audience if they did this line.  Also this is 2015, not 1987.  Kids today have no clue about Steel Brigade, let alone the significance of being a Joe. 

I would like to see a Green Shirt or Steel Brigade figure down the road, but to give this line any chance, Hasbro would stick with "name" characters.  Also, seeing how the Black Series is being handled, I'd rather get bigger names now since I don't see Hasbro getting to lesser knowns later, let alone re-doing sculpts.

Anyway, sorry I shouldn't be a downer, I asked opinions.  Overall good choices.

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 03:23:07 PM »

Duke
Scarlett (with a new head sculpt)
Cobra Commander
Cobra Trooper

Snake Eyes can be packaged with the first 6" vehicle. A RAM cycle I think.