JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31

Author Topic: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?  (Read 317921 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2022, 10:12:11 AM »

Sadly gone are the days of sub $20 6" Marvel Legends, and Star Wars Black Series.
And the fact that a 3 3/4" ReAction figure is over $20 is what is mind blowing,  it is honestly surprising that anyone is buying their children toys at today's prices.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2022, 12:27:17 PM »

With my 8 year old, he is only interested in mostly Hot Wheels.  The parking garage sets are expensive. 

Go Leafs Go - just end '67

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2022, 02:59:25 AM »

I picked up Serpentor w/Air Chariot yesterday at Gamestop.

The $132Cdn (after tax) price was not fun.

However it is an amazing set, and the Joe team did a great job with him.  The size, colours, and details are all outstanding.  Plus he is absolutely massive.  Serpentor has to be the tallest Classified figure to date.  He towers over Gung Ho and Roadblock. 

The details of the sculpt are great, and the cape has a scaly look sewn into it, not just printed on.  The accessories are also wonderful with a lot of nice touches and nods to the cartoon. 

Overall it is a great set, but the pricing is worrying for future releases, especially the Trouble Bubble w/Televiper next year.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2022, 11:03:39 AM »

I just got my shipping notification - sadly with exchange and fedex shipping I paid more than what Gamestop is selling them for.
I personally hate exclusives, and chase figures that should be part of the main line.

So far in this line that includes Dr Mindebender, Serpentor, Walmart Gung-Ho, Amazon Roadblock, and all of the Target figs.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2022, 08:31:12 PM »

And don't forget the Wallmart exclusive Crimson Guard and the Hasbro Pulse exclusive Snake Eyes.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2022, 08:40:09 AM »

I picked up Serpentor w/Air Chariot yesterday at Gamestop.

The $132Cdn (after tax) price was not fun.

However it is an amazing set, and the Joe team did a great job with him.  The size, colours, and details are all outstanding.  Plus he is absolutely massive.  Serpentor has to be the tallest Classified figure to date.  He towers over Gung Ho and Roadblock. 

The details of the sculpt are great, and the cape has a scaly look sewn into it, not just printed on.  The accessories are also wonderful with a lot of nice touches and nods to the cartoon. 

Overall it is a great set, but the pricing is worrying for future releases, especially the Trouble Bubble w/Televiper next year.

Good gravy! I hope you guys all have good paying jobs. Glad for you that its amazing at least.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2022, 08:46:18 AM »

Serpentor arrived yesterday.  Amazing figure - debatable if it was actually worth what I paid to ship it from HasbroPulse.
Love the look and scale of the figure!  Sadly was the first classified figure that had a stuck joint - had to do several attempts with warm water to free up his left elbow.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2022, 05:41:15 AM »

Serpentor arrived yesterday.  Amazing figure - debatable if it was actually worth what I paid to ship it from HasbroPulse.
Love the look and scale of the figure!  Sadly was the first classified figure that had a stuck joint - had to do several attempts with warm water to free up his left elbow.

Honestly now having sat on him for a bit more, I can say he isn't worth the Pulse price (due to exchange, shipping, etc.).   And I would say he is definitely overpriced from Gamestop as well.  I paid $132 after tax from Gamestop and while I still love the whole thing, it isn't worth more than $100Cdn.   Mindbender at $70+tax is insane.  He is a basic figure, with fancy packaging.  His accessories are nice, but the accessory count isn't more than some standard releases at half the price. 

I'm sure both Mindbender and Serpentor will see another release, at retail, down the line.  However I would expect that both of them will either be the same figure with limited accessories, and no air chariot for Serpentor.  Or alternate colour schemes for Serpentor and possibly a different look for Mindbender (white lab coat?)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2022, 10:07:51 AM »

I totally agree, there hasn't been a "deluxe" figure that is worth more than $60.  If they are aiming for this higher price point, I want swappable heads/hands/ and painted accessories.  I also think too many "exclusives" kill a line.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2022, 02:24:43 PM »

ToyBro on Twitter posted pics from someone in Singapore who got a Skystriker.  Don't know if it is already releasing there, or they snagged a copy early somehow. 

Either way the box is pretty big, looks a bit like the Razor Crest box.  The exterior is the classic ARAH look, but it looks a lot deeper, probably to hold all the extra accessories and the 7(!!!!)
figures.

Soon my pretty, soon.........

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2022, 10:49:45 AM »

Zarana, Dusty and a CG arrived from Amazon this week.   Wow Zarana I think just moved into my fav figure of this line.
All three had no problem with stuck/stiff joints,  Hasbro might finally have the kinks worked out.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2022, 08:08:47 PM »

I got my CG today from Amazon.ca. Joints are really stiff on legs. I won't move them too much to avoid any problems.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31