JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?  (Read 470516 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?
« Reply #192 on: July 16, 2023, 06:17:01 AM »

Dragonfly:

17,471 / 10,000  (+654)  174.71% of funding goal with 1d 17h left.

Another 600+ daily gain with a little more than a day and a half left.  Only need 1.529 more backers to unlock Crazylegs.   Anyone still out there doubting he'll unlock?

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2023, 07:15:58 AM »

Dragonfly:

19,498 / 10,000  (+2,027)  194.98% of funding goal with 17h left.

WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!   No doubt, but it is nice to see it finally clear all the tiers.  Now the final rush.  2,027 backers in the last 24 hours.  Can we do that in the last 17 hours?  Let's hope so.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 18, 2023, 08:06:01 AM »

Dragonfly:

22,403 / 10,000  (+2,905)  224.03% of funding goal with 16h left.

Well that was different.  So we get an extra day to back thanks to a small screw up on the app.  I wasn't aware of that but it was interesting to see almost 3,000 added backers in the last 24h.   I guess that would have been most of the people who were on the fence and waiting, but didn't want to miss out in case the extension was an error as well and it ended last night.

Now it is a wait and see what happens today.  Did they blow their load yesterday and now it is the stragglers left?  I personally don't think we'll see another 3,000 backers today, but hopefully I am wrong.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2023, 06:08:08 AM »

Last daily update:

Dragonfly:

24,764 (+2,361)  247.64% of funding goal at the end.

Wow, another 2,361 on the final day.  So more than 5,000 added backers in the final two days.  Congrats to the Joe team for another successful Haslab.  Now we wait...........

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2023, 06:51:12 AM »

Got the email this morning that my payment went through. Will be nice once the HISS tank finally ships.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 20, 2023, 07:01:33 AM »

Yes nice to confirm payment.

Interesting early reveals from SDCC (Classified):

TF Flint.   Looks good, mostly like the ARAH version, though I'm not sure about that camo paint across his eyes.

That PP Ninja looks cool.  I like the skull mask, but it is a bit light on the PP camo look.  Not sure it works, but also not sure it doesn't work.  Need to see better pics.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2023, 10:55:09 AM »

Some news here about SDCC:

From TheArtistShArk
https://youtu.be/4VlsrdaZqlQ

From Viper Island
https://youtu.be/ayKhG9q_3pc
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 11:03:10 AM by martin-montreal »

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 22, 2023, 05:44:28 PM »

Name Only Reveals:
Jinx
Torch
SMS & Techno-Viper
Retro Duke
Retro Scarlett
Vamp / Clutch

Digital Render Reveals:
PP Copperhead
PP Officer
Buzzer
Shockwave
Helix
Hawk (V2)
Ripper
Crimson Strike Team (3 pack): T/X + Baroness

Pre-order Reveals:
Fire Team 788 (3 pack)
Tripwire + rat + robot
Steel Corps (2 pack)

Secret booth Reveal:
Mutt & Junkyard
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 08:07:26 PM by martin-montreal »

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 23, 2023, 09:53:38 AM »

My wallet.........

"The HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!"  LOL

Well does anyone need spare body parts?  I am happy to sell off some of mine to get the money together for all these reveals.......LOL

What a great showing by the Joe team.

I don't even know where to begin.

Obviously Duke and Scarlett were givens (and already kind of known).  Glad to hear Emily mention they learned their lesson and the Retro cards will now be on stronger card stock.  Also these won't be Walmart exclusives, so hopefully they'll be easier to acquire (or ridiculously expensive as a Pulse exclusive).

Torch was also to be expected.

Jinx is great, and I like the Lenny said they did their best to make her look more like her animated movie version.  Can't wait to see pics.

THE VAMP AND CLUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And this will be a retail release, not Haslab.  (Lenny also mentioned that the Thunder Machine, if they did it, wouldn't need to go the Haslab route).  I guess this shows the team, and Hasbro, that there is a market for this if they are willing to go this route.  The big question now is.....how much??

Oh and of course we know this means we can expect VAMP MKII and the Stinger sometime in the future.

PP Copperhead and Officer were kind of expected and look good.

Buzzer and Ripper look great, and I love the accessories.   Now the wait for physical models.

Shockwave!!!!!  A great figure back in the ARAH days, and this looks great as well.  Not a big fan of the colours, would have preferred something similar to the original (dark and light blue camo).  This version has a bit too much dark blue digital camo, but it still looks great.  I love that he has Cobra (kill?) count on his shield.

Helix looks good.  Not a big fan of her character, but I'll still pick her up.

HAWK!!!!  Man-O-Man is that a good looking update.  I love the greay streak of hair and the sort of classic 40s military man look.  Can't wait to see him in hand.  Can you imagine if they had put this behind the Dragonfly paywall???   People would be screaming bloody murder at Hasbro.

Fire Team 788 looks great, and I love the colour schemes, even without the attachment to the HISS.   Great overall look and I have already preordered them.

Tripwire....well, well, well.  I am super impressed with this update.  I liked Tripwire in the cartoon, but I was never a big fan of his figure.  This blows me away.  I can't believe how many options there are with him, and accessories.  Love he has a bomb sniffing rat as well.  I feel he is definitely worth the extra "deluxe" pricing.  Already preordered.

Steel Corps looks good, as we already knew.  I might, or might not, preorder them on Monday.   Have to wait and see.

Mutt & Junkyard.   This looks great!!!  Love that Junkyard gets an alternate head, and love his jacket.  This will be a great set.  Now where is Law & Order??

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 23, 2023, 02:07:37 PM »

Is Tripwire a HasbroPulse exclusive?

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 24, 2023, 05:48:47 AM »

Is Tripwire a HasbroPulse exclusive?

I don't know for sure.

Right now he is only available on Pulse, but nothing on there promotes it as a Pulse exclusive.