JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Favourite playset  (Read 1657 times)

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite playset
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2021, 01:54:22 PM »

Styrofoam was definitely used but to a much smaller extent then cardboard boxes. Used cutup cereal boxes and pencil crayons to make some of my computer screens and radar monitors then glued them to the cardboard boxes. I remember my mom getting upset with using her good scissors to cut up the cardboard. Really dulled them. so then we started to use steak knives to cut boxes. :D

I also used my desk as mountain and used the desk cabinets as inside the mountains bases.

I never did real water though for the boats. Always a unzipped blue sleeping bag we had.

Jungle was always either a aquarium back drop picture or moms weird house plants in the big planters :)
I also remember using a lot of plastic ice cream pails with openings cut into them as storage sheds for vehicles.

Man i miss those days...I should totally do a cardboard base just for the fun of it.

Anyways I do wonder if my opinion on the 83 hq being the best will change once I actually put some figs on my terrordrome. As a kid that was the one I wanted the most and now that I have it I have yet to actually put a figure on it and i've only had it for a year and only out for a week before it got put in storage.. Maybe during the Christmas break.