JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Terror drome mishap  (Read 822 times)

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Terror drome mishap
« on: February 28, 2022, 10:13:55 AM »

well... it was bound to happen but over the weekend my son was tossing a ball in the basement with his cousin  and accidentally hit the cobra terror drome that i had out on a table. I was looking at what pieces I still needed to replace but was upstairs when they decided to goof around. Lets just say i need another gun turret. Thankfully that was the worst of it, but I nearly cried and it was all my fault.

Piece replacement seems ridiculous at the prices I'm seeing online.  Any suggestions on what is the best glue to use to try and repair this type of plastic? just regular superglue or is there a better alternative out in stores?

bishop

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Terror drome mishap
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 06:38:02 AM »

Try fixing it with tamiya plastic weld. This thing make wonder for welding the blue plastic the turret are made of.

bishop

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2022, 06:59:32 AM »

Any good hobby shop might have it in stock.I have not tried the other glue (thin), since this one did the trick. You need a little fiddling around when gluing since the glue is melting a thin layer of both piece to achieve a good bond between parts. On the non visible part, you might want to put an additional coat of glue on the crack after the first pass, just to prevent breaking again.

https://www.sunwardhobbies.ca/tamiya-cement-40ml-87003/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxIzC1PCp9gIV-QOzAB1Ztg5eEAQYASABEgIyfPD_BwE

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 08:59:36 AM »

thank you. I appreciate the help.