JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Favourite Joe Line  (Read 1263 times)

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Favourite Joe Line
« on: March 24, 2023, 01:25:06 PM »

So, for the few of us that remain. A simple question.
With Classified seeming to be a well received line and the now 6" figure the industry standard going foward, has Classified, or any other joe line,  beat ARAH to become your favourite?
Maybe list your top 3 joe lines and why they are great. (can include any international or even joe inspired lines)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite Joe Line
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 10:23:46 PM »

Good question!

I was always a fan of the ARAH line and I still am. But I have to admit that the details given to the Classified line is pretty fun.

#1 I like the ARAH line for nostalgia, vehicles and its scale. It's a line that display well and is great for dio. But crotch, tumb and o-ring breaking are sad. Yellowing is also too bad. I would like to get more retro o-ring from Hasbro. But we are getting no news since the Haslab Skystriker.

#2 I will say the o-ring Action force (not the 5 POA). That line gave us the TF Outback, Stalker red beret, TF Hit & Run, Red Laser, etc.

#3 I like the Classified line for the details,  removeble side arms, face expression, articulation. But, they cost a lot and space is becoming an issue. Also, I don't like store exclusives and HasbroPulse shipping is expensive.

I completly skip the 25th anniversary line, POC and even the new Super7 5 POA.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 01:05:31 AM by martin-montreal »

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 06:19:19 AM »

Yeah Classified has taken over as my favourite Joe related line.

The size, style, design and overall "newness" has me in for the long haul.  Newness meaning it is currently on shelves, not new designs.

I still get what I can in the 3.75" scale, but since Hasbro seems to have abandoned it, for now, I am not really into much anymore.   I got the Skystriker, and for first two 2-packs from Hasbro Pulse.  However those were on sale, and since they are Pulse only exclusives it really limits their market awareness.

I have a couple people recommend Action Force by Valaverse, but between my lack of interest in more standard military looks (I prefer the Joe military fantasy aesthetic) and my distaste for the owner, I haven't been bothered to check it out. 

I am intrigued by the Hiya Toys 4" line they started last year, but between the lack of product (3 figures in a year), the choice to use the same figures to start (SE, SS, CC), and the price, I can't justify getting into the line......yet.  Maybe that will change in the future, but for now it is a pass.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 09:55:00 AM »

It is the exclusives for me that kill a line - currently I have had success with the Classified series - but the expense of having stuff shipped from HasbroPulse really sucks.  As soon as I miss out on several figures because of store exclusives etc, it kills the fun.