JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Selling 2007 Convention: Clutch, Grunt, R&R, Zap, ... for $13.50/ea  (Read 3879 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile

Hello all,

I'm still not sure about the 2007 convention set. If I buy it, it's for the 7 gilrs soldiers. Does someone is interested buying the 7 joes + Clay Moore for $25 each + Shipping?

I would also sell the box ($20?, still not fixed).

PM me.

Martin
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 09:20:41 AM by martin-montreal »

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Part of 2007 convention set to share
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 04:03:59 PM »

Splitting sets is always a good deal and I've done it myself in the past but I'm not sure if how many people you are going to get to take you up on your offer. The set cost $283.00 CND so if you divide that by 15 it should work out to $18.87 per figure not $25.00 a figure. Your math means you would pay $83.00 while someone else pays $200.00, plus selling the box for $20.00 would lower your cost to $63.00.

Make it a little more blanced and you might get someone to take you up on the offer. It has always been my opinion that the box is worth $20.00 so if you split a set between 2 people, the guy getting the box should spend $20.00 more on the deal.

If this doesn't work then their is always ebay (either buy just a few yourself or buy the whole set and sell off what you don't want yourself) or just wait as there is a very good chance the MC group is going to sell these girls in Cobra blue as a six pack latter on down the road.

My 2 cents.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 07:44:06 AM »

Hello Morgardee,

Based on The Homefront Hero?s Package (see: http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gij ... ochure.cfm) the price is $268 for Club Officer level members and $318 for others. I'm the category "others"...

So I based my split on $318 / 15 = $21.20 (US) converted in canadian money ($23?) + shipping to Canada to get it at first ($1?) + custom fee ($1?) = about $25/each.

About the box, you are right. I add this after I did my maths, like I was thinking and writting in the same time. The thing is I will split the cost fair and square. If it cost me $23.32/each I will sell them for $23.32 (if you are right and it cost me $18, I will bill $18). But, based on my explanation I'm more likely to be right (you didn't know I wasn't MC member, but you should ask before writting this).

I didn't buy them yet and I still don't know how much shipping will be to send the set to Canada (they always charge an extra something for Canada and customs may also bill something). I prefer to be honest than to tell people a based price than coming back and say it will cost $3 more for each because I (deliberately) forgot X, forgot Y and forgot Z. I prefer the other way. Put a higher price first, than lower it after the facts. Hey, I'm like that. Some people prefer it the other way...

I hope this explanation makes me less look like a thief...

Martin

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 07:12:56 PM »

Fair enough but if your looking for a set and not looking to join then ask around. I'm a member along with at least 2 other people on this very board. We're a very friendly lot. All you need to do is ask around my man.

That or consider joining the group. For a difference of $50.00 you might as well join. What you pay for a membership is about the same as you paying the non-,member price. You get a free figure next year and save money on their excussive figures, plus the possible female 6 pack in blue that the MC board is thinking of putting out later, you'll want to be a member for that.

Just a thought.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 07:49:02 PM »

Hello Morgardee,

I'm a member along with at least 2 other people on this very board. We're a very friendly lot. All you need to do is ask around my man.

I also think it's a great idea and it was the first thing I did (first post):
Any Officer level member of the Club interested in sharing this buying?
Ref: http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/inde ... pic=1867.0

But, got no answer. On the other hand, I respect the fact that a MC member want to buy a set for himself and get an extra set to sell it "full price + profit" on eBay later. It's fair. Why sharing it with someone else wihout extra $$$ (reducing the cost of the first set).

So, for a long story short, I'm now looking for someone to share a set (and still open to share a set bought by someone else).

Do you know when the 6-pack may come out and how it will look? It's also a great idea.

Thanks,

Martin

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 09:28:22 PM »

Hello all,

I got a great offer. Someone is selling me a complete box for a good price. But, I'm still not interested in the 7 joes, the box and Clay Moore.

Here is the deal: $18 USD/each
The box : $20 USD

So I'm looking for someone who will spend 8 x $18 = $144 + $20 (the box) = $164 USD + Shipping to your home.

The only thing that I haven't control on is customs. But, I will scan the bill and we split based on 15 figs. It could be nothing or $$$.

I have to give an answer soon.

Thanks,

Martin

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 06:35:55 AM »

New deal, see below!!

Martin
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 09:24:26 AM by martin-montreal »

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Selling 2007 Convention: Clutch, Grunt, R&R and Zap for $13.50/ea.
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 09:28:53 PM »

[move:xdgo6wg7]Limited time offer!![/move:xdgo6wg7]

Hello,

We are 3 guys buying a 2007 convention bagged set for $13.50/each + Shipping.

Ship from USA, USD, Paypal required.

Still to sell:
  • Sgt. Clutch
  • Grunt
  • Rock ?N Roll
  • Sgt. Zap
  • Sparks
  • Lt. Claymore

Will you be the lucky buyer we are looking for (I never saw such a low price...)?

Send me your email and I will put everybody in contact.

Thanks,

Martin

[move:xdgo6wg7]Limited time offer!![/move:xdgo6wg7]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 09:22:23 AM by martin-montreal »

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 07:43:45 PM »

New offer!!

$13.50 each! 6 to sell...

Martin
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 09:23:46 AM by martin-montreal »

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Selling 2007 Convention: Clutch, Grunt, R&R, Zap, ... for $13.50/ea
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 09:32:08 AM »

These are already selling between $15 and $18 on eBay... don't missed that chance... for $13.50/each.

Martin