JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Post your Con Haul!!!  (Read 27686 times)

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Post your Con Haul!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 04:35:56 PM »

Anyone got a pic or link to these stands for the jetpacks? Maybe they're like the ones for the new Starduster or whatever, but I haven't seen those either.
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 07:32:15 PM »

Hey guys, would be awesome to see pics on the thread. I couldn't make it but would enjoy seeing the stuff in pics, if possible

yo Joe!

"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 07:55:16 PM »

Pics are coming. I for one am refraining from working on anything until Thursday.

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 09:23:41 PM »

I didn't buy much. But spent a fair bit. Most of my cash was pretty much spent before I got there though.

I got the con set.

I got a commission Recondo sketch from Robert Atkins that I am very happy with! If anyone throughout the day saw what he was drawing, well that was it. :)

Also got two awsome original pages from Valentine De Landro, pages 17 and 20 (I think) from GI Joe Declassified Issue #3. Very nice pencils. Managed to get a page with Stalker, and a page with the majority of the original cast including SE and Scarlet. I got home and looked at the TPB and man, the quality of the pencils really do seem to get lost in the coloured page. A shame, though I do have a new appreciation for Valentine's art.

Picked up a Night spectre with Grand Slam for $15. :) This is the first grand slam figure in my collection, despite having collected since 1982! I still don't have a vintage one for my original collection.

Also picked up James Cavanaugh's book. I don't even collect that era (except the comic packs which I have), but it is a cool book and I'm a sucker for those kind of books.

That was a quick $300!

cmderinchief

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
  • phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joedeclassified.com
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 01:31:15 PM »

Had a blast.  Walked out with more money than I walked in with, but that is not for a lack of effort.  I brought some extra JoeCon items to sell.  As for the "haul", well, it is one CJC set, W2 of the Heroes Force figures, a carded Funskool Street Hawk, some Black Major BATS, a Jason Loo commission, a Robert Atkins commission, previous CJC comics (one of which is for a buddy), a poster of Robert's CJC Comic cover (13/50) and a print from Jason's character artwork (5/10). 

Thanks to Paul for the beers!  Thanks to Pluv for almost spitting on Robert Atkins.  Thanks to Robert for not being offended at my drunk squinty eyes.  Thank to all of those who came up and said hi about the podcast.  Thanks to Mark Bellomo for not stealing all the of the JoeCon stuff on my table.  Thanks to the wordburgler for the CD.  Thanks to Josh for the book for Katie.  Thanks to the Joe Wives for welcoming mine.  Thanks to THE MIKE for any number of things up to and including all the work he did just to get us to this weekend.  Thanks to the CJC staff (Brian, Jason, Pete, Ed, Ryan, Mike and Denise - aka THE BOSS) for their workman effort.  If I forgot someone, I will buy you a beer next year.  Thanks to Gary, Nova and everyone I hung out with during the show.  Lastly, thanks for the wife for accompanying me this year and having as much fun as I did. 

That's about it from me.  I pulled off the Triple Crown of JoeCons.  Depending on when the GIJCC announces their date will determine if I do a repeat next year.  Get me through COIL Con weekend and a little rest and I will be all ready for the 2013 Joe Convention calendar with will undoubtedly include a return to Canada.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 02:53:02 PM »

triple crown of Joe Cons?
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 03:37:05 PM »

triple crown of Joe Cons?

1) GIJCC
2) COIL Con
3) CJC

;)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2012, 06:02:36 PM »

Not quite...

1. Joecon
2. Roll Out / Roll Call
3. CJC

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 11:48:56 PM »

An awesome haul this year, but as usual, spent more than I intended...with no regrets!  Here's what I am still unpacking:

1984 Blue SNAKE Armor (Thanks Eric!)
Action Force Red SNAKE Armor
Viper Commando with Black SNAKE Armor (seeing a trend here?)
1983 swivel arm Short Fuze
Slaughter's Marauder's Barbecue
Slaughter's Marauder's Mutt
Check Point Alpha (Thanks Nova!)
Check Point Alpha box (thanks THE Mike)
Watchtower and Bivouac playset boxes (again, thanks THE Mike)
Dreadnok Cycle
2 Carded "Robin Hood Prince of Thieves" figures (kind of an in-joke for a friend of mine)
2012 Convention Set
Blueprints for Sharc, Check Point Alpha and Skyhawk (again, thanks Nova!)
Roshan's Guide to Marvel Legends (an awesome book, that every Legends collector should get a copy of!)
The best?  I had an almost complete Tomahawk, but was missing all ten blades.  I picked up 4 blades from Grunt4MVP, and then scored a complete Tomahawk that came with 5 extra blades.  I bought 1 more blade from Guy Smiley, and now I have 2 complete Tomahawks! (1 soon to be sold)

All in all, an awesome weekend and I'm glad everyone had a such a good time!
Wherever you go, there you are.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 08:30:48 AM »

I get GIJCC and CJC but what's the difference between Roll Out / Roll call and COIL Con? Roll Out is in the UK but aside from that is there is big difference?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 09:49:04 AM »

I get GIJCC and CJC but what's the difference between Roll Out / Roll call and COIL Con? Roll Out is in the UK but aside from that is there is big difference?
I think the trip alone makes a huge difference.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 10:25:16 AM »

word. bit of a difference flying to Britain vs going to the Midwest.

plus, RORC is a combined Action Force/GI Joe/Transformers con...
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.