JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: GI Joe 50th Anniversary Tribute by OB  (Read 41135 times)

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe 50th Anniversary Tribute by OB
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 06:30:35 AM »

50th Anniversary Day 7: Landing Signal Officer

Landing Signal Officers, or LSOs, are naval aviators that are specially trained to assist in landing planes on decks of aircraft carriers. In the 50’s and 60’s, LSOs used colored paddles to signal incoming aircraft.

The GI Joe Landing Signal Officer set (7621) was released in 1966 and included all the gear necessary to outfit your GI Joe Action Sailor: tan jumpsuit, yellow headgear, earphones, paddles, clipboard and flare gun.

Enjoy!

OB

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 08:01:37 AM »

Brilliant stuff. Not into the old 12" stuff at all, but love the translation into the 3 3/4" versions. Fantastic job.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 08:19:13 AM »

just what the Joes have been missing, an LSO for the Flagg!
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 06:47:24 AM »

Thanks guys!  :)

50th Anniversary Day 8: Action Marine

The third of the four services, Action Marine represented the Marine Corps. During development, Action Marine was nicknamed Rocky. Like Action Soldier and Action Sailor, the basic Action Marine (7700) came with minimal gear. Released in 1964, the set included a camouflaged uniform, the fatigue cap, dog tags, rank insignia and Marine manual.

Like his counterparts from the other services, a plethora of different accessory sets were made available to outfit Action Marine. For this project, I decided to recreate a few of the most popular. This custom represents an Action Marine outfitted with the Paratrooper Helmet (7707), the Beachhead Field Pack Set (7713) and the Beachhead Rifle Set (7717).

Enjoy!

OB

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 12:44:15 PM »

OB,

Congratulations on the overall accomplishment. It is very epic beyond words  8)  Any chance that you'll revisit original offerings like the Shark/action diver or Big Foot/arctic soldier. Those are just examples of course.

Keep up the excellent work my friend.

LJ22
2 + 2 = 22

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 01:55:39 PM »

OB,

Congratulations on the overall accomplishment. It is very epic beyond words  8)  Any chance that you'll revisit original offerings like the Shark/action diver or Big Foot/arctic soldier. Those are just examples of course.

Keep up the excellent work my friend.

LJ22

;D Stay tuned my friend, we are just getting started.

OB

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 02:34:48 PM »

out of interest, what's the head you're using? because it looks remarkably like a classic Joe.

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 07:28:38 PM »

It's classic GI Joe. I had Raginspoon make a cast of the original head and shrink it, so it is identical to the original 1964 head.

OB

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 02:02:55 AM »

ah, that'd be it.

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 06:59:25 AM »

50th Anniversary Day 9: Jungle Fighter and Marine Demolitions

The Marine Jungle Fighter set (7732) is very popular with collectors.  It has a great selection of equipment, including jungle fatigues, campaign hat, M-16, flame thrower and machete and allowed kids to dress up their Action Marine for jungle combat.

The Demolition set (7730) for Action Marine features a working battery operated mine detector. The set also included a head set and three metal land mines.

Enjoy!

OB

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 07:34:34 AM »

50th Anniversary Day 10: Medic and Tank Commander

When GI Joe was released in the summer of 1964, the product line became an instant hit. Little boys were buying up all 4 basic action figures as well as various uniform, gear and accessory sets that Hasbro released. Hasbro followed up this first year by release yet more accessory sets in 1965. Some of these were to outfit Action Marine into a field medic. This custom represents Action Marine outfitted with the First Aid (7721) and Marine Medic (7719) sets.

The Tank Commander set was released in 1967 and was one of the last equipment sets made for Action Marine. It included a brown jacket, helmet with green goggles, a 30-caliber machine gun with tripod, a jerry can and a portable radio.

Enjoy!

OB

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 06:56:23 PM »

OBjoe Canobie

Dude this is just great, I really love and support with what you are doing. I love the Oring and the M.E. but I've been wanting an official 12" action solider or a replica of one to add to my set of 3.75" and 4"ers. I had an action man joe, with beard and really different colors, when I was a kid, It was a whole new world man for me then. I just want to help represent. You're doing it great, Kudos bro!
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/