JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Foreign Dragonfly  (Read 3376 times)

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Foreign Dragonfly
« on: February 06, 2015, 04:55:38 AM »

Any one know what country produced a Dragonfly with the US flag with the colours inverted? Otherwise it seems to be the same. (I can't compare it together with the original)

Also, did the mail-away WHALE have the new Joe logo (90's version) for the decals and was a different green than the original?

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Foreign Dragonfly
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 02:21:05 PM »

AFAIK, all the European nations used the same logo for 'Action Force' as the flag, which is a blue star in red, white and blue stripes.

you can see it here on my Skystriker, albeit with a black stripe to replace the white one.

just visible on the air intake.

Of course, they also would have 'Action Force' on them in place of 'United States' in all probability as well. But, this should tell you once place where it's NOT from...
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Zenith27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 07:19:08 PM »

Thanks for confirming my suspicions, I was hoping you'd see my post Sundance. Since most of the South American ones have custom decals that are quite different than the originals I've narrowed it down to Japanese, Mexican, or Funskool. I've got a Tanker looking into the Japanese stickers for me so that might solve the mystery.

Oh, that WHALE I mentioned came with glossy German instructions. Mail-away for someone living on a US base in Gernmany maybe?

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 02:04:49 AM »

Dunno. I do know the WHALE came out in 2 different shades of green in the UK/Europe. It was released in 1985 in Pallitoy style packaging and with completely different stickers. It was then re-released in 1988 in Hasbro style packaging and with US style stickers and both are different shades of green to the US one and to each other.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Zenith27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 04:11:53 AM »

Dunno. I do know the WHALE came out in 2 different shades of green in the UK/Europe. It was released in 1985 in Pallitoy style packaging and with completely different stickers. It was then re-released in 1988 in Hasbro style packaging and with US style stickers and both are different shades of green to the US one and to each other.

Those German BPs have a 1987 date on them and the stickers are the US style but with the newer shadowed logo so I bet that 1988 version is what I have. It's pretty much mint, only one busted fan axle and someone wrote the sticker numbers in pen on the BPs. Nice score with a MIB unassembled Razorback for $100 total. :D