JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?  (Read 477907 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?
« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2023, 02:57:17 PM »

From what I understand, we are going to have 2 versions of the PP Officer and still no offical PP Soldier. Funny how there was a switch back then, and in the Classified line, there is still a confusion with these 2 characters.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 25, 2023, 06:03:13 AM »

From what I understand, we are going to have 2 versions of the PP Officer and still no offical PP Soldier. Funny how there was a switch back then, and in the Classified line, there is still a confusion with these 2 characters.

I think someone mentioned that Lenny said that it was just an error in the digital render reveal.  That it is supposed to be the proper Trooper, not an Officer.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 25, 2023, 03:09:35 PM »

It's also funny how the new Classified Tripwire could be named Long Arm V2😁

https://www.yojoe.com/action/08/longarm2.shtml

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2023, 06:29:24 AM »

It's also funny how the new Classified Tripwire could be named Long Arm V2😁

https://www.yojoe.com/action/08/longarm2.shtml

Don't put it past them to release a Long-Arm later in the line.  Gotta get the most out of those molds!!

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2023, 05:50:48 PM »

I'm still undecided about the Steel corps (brigade) set. It looks good with a lot of accessories. Back in the days, these figs were made from other parts like Airborne. Even here in the Classified line, we can see this green vest with the knife crossing. I can imagine it will be reused for Airborne. So if Airborne is just a Steel corps fig with Airborne's head, then I will just go with a named character.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 09:52:50 PM by martin-montreal »

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 30, 2023, 06:17:24 AM »

I'm going to wait a bit and see if I can get the set on sale.  I love it and all the accessories it comes with, but I am trying to be a bit more responsible with my purchases so I'll wait a bit and see if it goes on sale somewhere.

I am away this week and missed out on Chuckles.  So now I have to wait, and hope, that they have more stock coming, or Gamestop gets an allotment.  Maybe with PulseCon coming they'll do the same thing like they did with Mindbender and Serpentor last year and have more go up for preorder.   I know the Crimson Striker team is the PulseCon exclusive, but I'll keep hope alive for now.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2023, 08:42:08 AM »

Do you think Amazon knows the Classified Eel is out of stock since day 1?

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 06, 2023, 09:09:38 AM »

Do you think Amazon knows the Classified Eel is out of stock since day 1?

Amazon doesn't even know what it's own website is doing on a daily basis.  I imagine the same goes for the Eel.  The only (short term) hope is that they ordered more stock and they'll open up orders again when they get some.

Otherwise it will be 18-24 months of waiting for the exclusivity period to end so that Hasbro can release it again at regular fan channels.

Oh also, there are now reports of the Shipwreck wave showing up at Walmarts, and some of them are already put on clearance for $19.  Gotta love when the stores screw up like that (good for us).

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 06, 2023, 07:34:20 PM »

You are lucky if you see GI Joe figs at your local Walmart. I have 2 store near my home and both have nothing,  not even 1 peg warmer.

Now I just pre-order and wait. Speaking of waiting, I have 11 Classified figs on pre-orders 🤦‍♂️

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 07, 2023, 08:08:04 AM »

You are lucky if you see GI Joe figs at your local Walmart. I have 2 store near my home and both have nothing,  not even 1 peg warmer.

Now I just pre-order and wait. Speaking of waiting, I have 11 Classified figs on pre-orders 🤦‍♂️

Only Joe stuff I have on pre-order is the Pulse exclusive stuff, except Chuckles, and Eel, who I missed (damn it).  Otherwise everything else is wait and get it when it releases.

I find the new waves, when wide release, don't sell out anymore so no need to rush to get them.  I mean even TRU is now sitting on a lot of figures when they were a barren wasteland just a couple months ago (outside of TF/PP exclusives).   So I can wait, especially after I got hit for that Shipwreck wave, and Scrap-Iron all at once. 

As for me, two of my local Walmarts aren't too bad.  They have gotten at least once case of the last wave (before Shipwreck) and one them had Shipwreck, R&R and Copperhead yesterday.   The closest one to me though is absolute garbage.  They haven't had anything Joe since the Snake Eyes movie figures and the blue Retro HISS.  The same goes for Marvel Legends there.  Nothing but the Retro 4" figures since the Black Panther movie re-releases.  They seem to do ok for SW stuff, but Joe and ML seem to have been abandoned by that location.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 24, 2023, 05:51:21 AM »

Just got notification that my Valkyries 2-pack from Pulse is getting ready to ship. 

I guess we'll start seeing some of those Pulse exclusives starting to ship out now.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 26, 2023, 09:19:14 AM »

If you can't find the retro card Walmart exclusives Crimson guard and Storm Shadow, Toy Snowman have them.