JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?  (Read 476643 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?
« Reply #240 on: September 22, 2023, 07:44:51 PM »

I pre-ordered the Crimson Strike Team set. It will be my first Classified Baroness.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 23, 2023, 08:56:09 AM »

I was going to order them from gamestop.ca today, but all but helix is now sold out.  I was on the fence about the crimson trio, and didn't want to pay the shipping for Pulse.   I guess the decision has been made for me.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 23, 2023, 09:04:27 AM »

Since HasbroPulse con was yesterday (https://hasbropulse.com/collections/hasbro-pulse-con-2023), I was curious to see how each brand performed:

Numbers below are sold out products (I know, we don't know what are the initial number of available product for each).

GI Joe: 3 (Buzzer, Ripper & Hawk)
SW: 1
Transformers: 3
Marvel: 0
Power Rangers: 1

So, GI Joe still has a good fan base.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 23, 2023, 06:47:27 PM »

Since HasbroPulse con was yesterday (https://hasbropulse.com/collections/hasbro-pulse-con-2023), I was curious to see how each brand performed:

Numbers below are sold out products (I know, we don't know what are the initial number of available product for each).

GI Joe: 3 (Buzzer, Ripper & Hawk)
SW: 1
Transformers: 3
Marvel: 0
Power Rangers: 1

So, GI Joe still has a good fan base.

The general consensus right now in the action figure community is that Classified is killing it time and time again.  It regularly seems to get the most praise online for what it is doing compared to the other big name brands. Hopefully that can last for a few more years.

Loved the panel yesterday, and loved everything they revealed.

Also I preordered, in store, the Crimson Strike Team exclusive at Gamestop today.  I saw it online, but when I clicked on it, it said sold out.  Since it only went up yesterday I knew that it would be available to preorder in store today. $132.99, but $119.99 with Edge discount.  Plus a $15 was required.  Still I am glad to get one set locally instead of having to go through Pulse.

Still a bit miffed I missed out on Chuckles, even though he was pricey.  Hoping he gets a restock somehow.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2023, 06:19:11 PM »

I'm surprised the Dreadnoks sold out quick, but Shockwave didn't. 🤔

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 27, 2023, 05:31:37 AM »

I'm surprised the Dreadnoks sold out quick, but Shockwave didn't. 🤔

The Dreadnoks are infinitely more popular than Shockwave.  They are also one of the most desired subgroups, and are only now just getting to the original three.  Yes there has been Zartan and Zarana, but the original three were long requested by fans.  Plus they do look damn good.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 27, 2023, 10:40:01 AM »

Has anyone got a shipping update on the walmart.ca Big Ben or Rock Viper?  Mine is expected to be delivered on Oct. 3, so I am expecting an update in the next couple of days.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 27, 2023, 07:38:47 PM »

Has anyone got a shipping update on the walmart.ca Big Ben or Rock Viper?  Mine is expected to be delivered on Oct. 3, so I am expecting an update in the next couple of days.

Nothing on my end yet.  However people in the US are starting to post that they are receiving their Big Ben and Range Viper POs so I am hopeful they will be showing up here soon.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 02, 2023, 11:22:17 AM »

My BigBen, RockViper walmart order says delivering tomorrow, but considering it is still in the "in progress" phase I don't think I will be seeing it.  Will post if that should change.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 02, 2023, 07:18:54 PM »

I have no news on my side for that order. If it gets cancelled, I will only be sad for Big Ben since I will get the Range Viper from the 788 Fire Team. I'm not a huge fan of the Range Viper. He looks great, but he is from the moderm era and I not attached to him that much.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 03, 2023, 09:21:38 AM »

Not surprisingly the order has been updated to "Delayed, check back for updates"

Agreed, I am looking forward to Big Ben, Range Viper always struck me as an odd figure with the skull and brains showing.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 03, 2023, 09:24:02 AM »

Nunchuk and Snow Serpent are expected to arrive tomorrow from Amazon.  That one hasn't shipped yet either.  And I have never had luck with amazon pre-orders.