JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Super7 GI Joe discussion  (Read 8284 times)

bishop

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Super7 GI Joe discussion
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2023, 11:16:21 PM »

I hope I'm not the only one! lol From the looks of my local toysrus I am not. Anyway, I will probably keep my eye for some sailors to go with the ttbp and probably duke even major bludd...

Next wave is annouced: Hawk, Buzzer and Barbecue! Nice!

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2023, 08:40:54 PM »

@canprime @bishop Toy Snowman has many Super 7 at 56% off... so 10$/each. If you buy for 150$ or more, then you get free shipping: https://toysnowman.com/a/search?q=Super7+gi+joe&sort_by=price-ascending&page=1

Moreover, if you use my referal code, then you get an extra 5% off.

https://toysnowman.com/account/register?ReferralCode=A36EF54BTunRdt

Let me know if it worked.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2023, 05:20:40 AM »

@canprime @bishop Toy Snowman has many Super 7 at 56% off... so 10$/each. If you buy for 150$ or more, then you get free shipping: https://toysnowman.com/a/search?q=Super7+gi+joe&sort_by=price-ascending&page=1

Moreover, if you use my referal code, then you get an extra 5% off.

https://toysnowman.com/account/register?ReferralCode=A36EF54BTunRdt

Let me know if it worked.

Let me just say, with all due respect,  DAMN YOU GOOD SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hahaha.

Thanks for that, I hadn't checked in on Emir's site in a bit.  I also have some rewards bucks I could use.  I'll definitely use your link if I bite (right now I am tempted by some army builders for sure).

Also the latest Target exclusive ReAction figure has been revealed......TF Shipwreck.   Looks good, and Brian hinted that they have a GI Joe ReAction vehicle in the works!!!  He mentioned it during his interview with The Full Force podcast.   He put the kibosh on Ultimates vehicles, saying it was basically Hasbro's playground right now.   However it seems ReAction scale (3 3/4") is ok for vehicles.   However knowing Brian and Super7 it is just as likely, as not, that it will be a never done before vehicle, as it would be a classic vehicle.

Oh and TRU is having a sale on ReAction figures this week.  They are down to $13.67 each.  Not as good as ToySnowman, but they have a few figures he doesn't if someone is so inclined.

bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2023, 06:22:18 PM »

Thanks for the heads up! My local toysrus has been thinned out with the sale, which is great! I am just waiting for a bigger sale to stock on troops - perhaps one of two navy sailors. 

bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2023, 01:13:11 PM »

I visited toysnowman, it's AMAZING! Lots of stock, well organized. However, I think their primary focus is online shopping, which make sense, it's nice to be able to walk around such great store.

Back on topic: they had Duke & Bazooka and lots of army builder. Duke was originally a hard pass, but it grows on me now. Looks good with Scarlett and Snake Eyes.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2023, 06:50:39 AM »

I visited toysnowman, it's AMAZING! Lots of stock, well organized. However, I think their primary focus is online shopping, which make sense, it's nice to be able to walk around such great store.

Back on topic: they had Duke & Bazooka and lots of army builder. Duke was originally a hard pass, but it grows on me now. Looks good with Scarlett and Snake Eyes.

I have bought from them before and they are great.  I'm only a couple hours away (Ottawa) but I have never been to the actual physical location.  I might have to remember to hit them up next time I'm in Montreal.

Also did anyone else see the Ultimates Crimson Guard tease from Super7 today?   Looks like we are getting the version with the light blue piping/buttons instead of the usual grey/silver.

bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2023, 11:18:58 AM »

Looks very good! The CG looks very cartoony look which is very nice for it. 

bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2023, 09:25:07 PM »

Any one saw the MOTHERSHIP from super7. I am super excited to see it made and I am curious about what will be the inside (apparently, panels are removable just like the millenium falcon. Oh man, I am not too optimistic on the price... it will be pricey!

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2023, 05:30:13 AM »

Any one saw the MOTHERSHIP from super7. I am super excited to see it made and I am curious about what will be the inside (apparently, panels are removable just like the millenium falcon. Oh man, I am not too optimistic on the price... it will be pricey!

I saw a digital tease short on Youtube yesterday.  I think it was from Super7.   It did a quick video of the mothership and the panels coming off with a slight view of the interior.  Can't really make out too much, but it appears the main front section will have a back wall with a large Cobra logo, and both wings will have removable panels that reveal some kind of guns/cannons.  Also it comes with 2 Flight Pods.

I'm right there with you on price, it won't be pretty.  Also Brian Flynn did and interview at ToyFair with Pixel Dan and said that they would be revealing the interior (and I assume the price) at New York Comic Con.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2023, 05:08:19 PM »

Well some interesting tidbits from Youtube and Toy Fair about the upcoming Cobra Airship project.

Here is the official short from Super7 as a tease of what is inside:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cwQsxym4W9Q

On top of that I was watching Toy Anxiety's video tour of the Super7 booth and they were talking with Kyle.  Brian had done a tour with Pixel Dan and was his usual cagey self when he doesn't want to spill the beans early.  However Kyle was a bit more forthcoming, probably too much so.  At one point the audio clearly was cut to not reveal something he said.  However he did mention a couple of interesting new bits of info.

First there are lights on the bottom of the airship and they will light up (duh).

Second the Trouble Bubbles will be a tier for the project and not included in the base (ha) offering.

Also they did give us a better look at the "exhaust plumes" as stands for the airship.

Official reveal, according to Brian, will be at New York Comic Con.

bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2023, 09:33:51 PM »

I look forward to the full reveal... it's exciting what so ever, very nice that this gets made and attract maybe a new fanbase.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2023, 10:57:15 AM »

The Cobra Mothership is live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

https://super7.com/products/gi-joe-reaction-figures-cobra-mothership

$495US and comes with 2 Vipers.  1 ReAction Viper Gunner and 1 O-Ring!!???!!!?? Viper Gunner. 

Looks like Super7 is going to be getting some license to make O-Ring figures now.  I guess Hasbro has decided to license it out rather than just trying to keep making them themselves.  Interesting.

Also 60 days to back, so start selling that blood and your extra toys to get the money together because it will probably be closer to $800Cdn.

Pretty nice, and big (32" in diameter).

Lots to breakdown here at a later time.