JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: What's your pick for 2008? Best......  (Read 4241 times)

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: What's your pick for 2008? Best......
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 05:58:00 PM »

@Bandalero: didn't the fact that Bazooka's huge pack doesn't have any straps bother you at all? I can't in good conscience put a backpack on someone who'd have to have it sewn to their shirt. For a while I gave him arctic Snake Eyes' harness but without a machine gun for Bazooka it looked a little forced. Now I just have the pack on the ground next to him if he's set up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Sureshot

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: What's your pick for 2008? Best......
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 06:55:09 PM »

I like lists! They are one of my favourite things, along with
- killer whales
- spaghetti
- lists

Best single carded figure -
There were a lot of really cool figures this year, but I'd have to say Sgt. Airborne, with Torpedo and Flash up there for sentimental reasons.

Best Comic 2 pack -
The Beachhead and Data(Main)frame pack was pretty cool for me. I thought the 2007 Beachhead update was awesome, but the switch back to his classic '86 gear knocked this one out of the park for me. Mainframe is cool in the same way he always was- computer guy cool. I also like the Breaker w/bubblegum pack earlier in the year, even if it did come that other guy, whom I now have five versions of (and counting with the Shockwave Comic pack coming up).

Best "SRO" 3 pack -
I dunno... while I have them all, I acknowledge that they are all pretty weak. If the Iron Grenadiers one didn't have Destro it would be a lot better. I'll say the Air Command pack, just 'cause I like the Wild Bill and Ace.

Best Multipack -
I was fortunate enough to get the Ultimate Battle Pack while on vacation, and I really like it. It has my favourite version of Destro so far, a cool looking Cobra gunner for a neat red HiSS tank, and Steeler and Short Fuze! I didn't think I'd get it, but then I got it, and I really like it.
Extreme Conditions Arctic Assault Squad would have tied for first, but comes in second, only because I can't stand the Viper with the short sleeves. Obviously designed by someone who hasn't felt the sting of minus thirty centigrade with a wind chill.

Best Vehicle -
Again, while on vacation, I was fortunate enough to pick up the Rattler and Conquest from Target, and while I was stoked to get them at the time, upon further reflection and inspection, they both come off as pretty dated molds. I have some 1/18 scale Ultimate Soldier planes, and they blow the Joe aircraft away. Even that A-10 and the F-22 that I've seen at Toys 'R Us look better in comparison.
So, I want to say the Ghost HAWK, but I haven't got it yet. The VAMP is pretty cool, and I do have that so I'll say the VAMP.

Best "Accessory" -
I like how Snow Job's accessories can make any Joe a winter Joe, but for sheer quantity of stuff the Para-Viper has to take it.

2008 "BEST" overall -
The MASS devices, and the marketing campaign that makes you collect a bunch of figures you already have to construct said MASS device. Sheer bloody genius Hasbro!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »