JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Tim Horton's Orange Hot Smoothie Tragedy  (Read 17770 times)

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Tim Horton's Orange Hot Smoothie Tragedy
« on: May 05, 2006, 10:45:31 AM »

When I was in Hamilton last, I hit the odd Tim Hortons looking for an Orange Hot Smoothie. The Hot Smoothies are fantastic drinks, and a great alternative to hot chocolate for the non-coffee drinker. Plus, you can personalize drinks by adding ?flavour shots?. Want your coffee to have a bit of a twist? Add hazelnut. Teeth arent? rotting fast enough? Add some butterscotch to your hot chocolate.

The first Tim?s I hit, along with Tank Girl, Viperlord, and Raptor. The bird-man was ordering one on my recommendation. Sadly, no orange in stock. So he took my next suggestion and went with the raspberry, which wasn?t to his wuss-toungued liking.

A bit bothered, I made a point of ordering an Orange Hot Smoothie just before the meet, at the Tim?s nearest BHT. Not only didn?t they have Orange, they said the Orange button had been removed from the machine. The hell? The best flavour, gone? I was darn near depressed. Luckily I had Black-Ice to remind me that getting depressed is for pansies, and Cobra whoops pansies.

Back in Montreal, I visit the Timmy?s nearest my place. Do they have orange? Yes. Would I like one? No thanks, just making sure you still had it in stock. What a fool I was. Just today, I leave for work early enough to make a Tim run. I see a sign advertising flavour shots in your Ice Cap. Raspberry, hazelnut, butterscotch, and french vanilla? Where?s the orange? Nervous sweat started to fill my palms, without a bad-ass terrorist there to slap some sense into me. I got to the cash and see the same cashier that told me last time that they still had orange. She smiled at me. Phew. She must know what I?m there for and wants to calm my nerves. ?Can I get an Orange Hot Smoothie?? They?re out! They don?t serve it anymore! She even double checks with a senior. Nothing. I settled for a Raspberry, and it wasn?t even a good one.

It?s like when the GI Joe TCG was cancelled all over again. Why can?t more people see the majesty of this discovery? Most of my friends that took the plunge enjoyed the orange. And an orange hot chocolate really hit the spot. But now it?s gone. Bugger. Hopefully something awesome happens today, because I?m stuck with a bulldog frown right about now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Updated!

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 01:13:21 PM »

This must be why Beav had called Tim Hortons coffee gay? Honestly, who drinks a fruit flavoured hot smoothie? Coffee must be drank black. ;)

Ok maybe not, I do enjoy the cappuchino's from Timmy's but I need coffee, not some fruit flavoured hot drink.
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 05:10:20 PM »

The Pickle Barrel near my work stopped carrying the chicken wraps I liked so much.

I took it as a not-so-subtle hint that they don't want my business anymore

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 07:57:36 PM »

Um, maybe they were taken off the market for safety reasons. It tasted like a highschool experiment in supersaturation of sugar in hot water. The thing should have come with an insulin chaser.

I do know how you feel though. Marks Work Warehouse stopped making my favourite brand of underwear. When I heard, I must have bought up every pair from every MWW from St. Catharines to Toronto.

It's sad when the things you love are not market viable.

-  :chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 09:32:58 PM »

It's sad when the things you love are not market viable.

Like 3 3/4" action figures based on cartoon characters from 20 years ago?

Da18thcustomizer

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 04:16:36 AM »

Quote from: ""AlleyViper""
This must be why Beav had called Tim Hortons coffee gay? Honestly, who drinks a fruit flavoured hot smoothie? Coffee must be drank black. ;)

LMAO!

I must still be an american at heart as something about Tims makes me uncomfortable ....

I get this "mafia" feel about the place and the franchise in general. And not your normal "mafia" ...but foreign mafia.

"Can i have a chocolate chip muffin with butter...a hot chocloate...and 2 caramel cookies please?"

" Da..."

"What?"

"I said 'Da'. "

" Oh..um..can you please add a small mik as well..."

*Squints eyes and looks at me with an evil glare...*

" Never mind. Uh....That'll be all ."

"Da."
remel, Glue, Mold, Cast....Smile :-)

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 03:02:09 PM »

If Tim Horton's is gay, then there is no word in my vocabulary to describe Starbucks.  Ask them for a double double and they look at you funny.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 03:11:51 PM »

Quote from: ""Pete The Greek""
If Tim Horton's is gay, then there is no word in my vocabulary to describe Starbucks.  Ask them for a double double and they look at you funny.

Try a half half caf half decaf skim late with an expresso shot, soy shot and Butterscotch shot with a carmel almond biscotti dip in.

Now that's a gay coffee.  :wink:

A friend of mine ordered one on a bet, and they nailed it on the first try.  :)

-

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

beav

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pettifogging.com
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 03:40:14 PM »

It was the Spanish coffee that Ed forced me to order that I applied that particular sorbiquet to.  Tim Horton's coffee was good, but not enough to make me see why it's placed on such a throne as you Canadians put it on.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 04:36:31 PM »

Quote from: ""Raptor""
Try a half half caf half decaf skim late with an expresso shot, soy shot and Butterscotch shot with a carmel almond biscotti dip in.

Now that's a gay coffee.  :wink:

soy in coffee? I am almost barfed reading that.

I am not a huge coffee drinker and didn't drink the stuff until I got an office gig.  Even in university I avoided the stuff (and I am starting to avoid it again so I can sleep better at night).  But if a place doesn't know what double double is and then points to the coffee display to pick some else like what Charles typed, I look like a freaking deer in a set of headlights.   This has happen to me at Starbucks and some other place in Calgary.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 02:43:25 AM »

Quote from: ""Da18thcustomizer""

LMAO!

I must still be an american at heart as something about Tims makes me uncomfortable ....

I get this "mafia" feel about the place and the franchise in general. And not your normal "mafia" ...but foreign mafia.

Watch what you say or Gordie Howe and Stan Makita will come to your house and beat your with hockey sticks.

Quote from: ""beav""
It was the Spanish coffee that Ed forced me to order that I applied that particular sorbiquet to.  Tim Horton's coffee was good, but not enough to make me see why it's placed on such a throne as you Canadians put it on.

Ok, now those are fighting words.  :shifty:
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

General Hawk

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 08:52:11 AM »

I've never been a coffee drinker either until I started this office job...now everyone else in here drinks coffee, so I do, too.  But man, I live in the boondocks out here..I don't know jack about this "half caf double squirt eight twelve jibba jabba" stuff...  just give me a freakin coffee, and make it large, not "vente" dammit.

Justin