JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Tim Horton's Orange Hot Smoothie Tragedy  (Read 17771 times)

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Tim Horton's Orange Hot Smoothie Tragedy
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 09:05:42 AM »

Quote from: ""beav""
It was the Spanish coffee that Ed forced me to order that I applied that particular sorbiquet to.  Tim Horton's coffee was good, but not enough to make me see why it's placed on such a throne as you Canadians put it on.

Extra points for working sorbiquet into your response.

It's the fact that they burn the beans to increase the caffine content. Hyper caffiniated coffee may have cropped up everywhere in the US, and with Espresso available on every street corner, it's a little less special.

But Timmy's is still the most caffine that you can get in a coffee for under $2.  

And Pete, you really have to try a soy shot. It's a protein booster! Though why you need protein in your coffee is beyond me.  The best part about that particular gay goffee recipie is that it cancels itself out. The soy and caramel cancel out the low fat milk, and the 1/4 caf is balanced out by the espresso shot. So it basicly ends up tasting like a slightly caramel flavored double double. :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 10:40:14 AM »

So the fact that I get the literally fruity drinks, and the Ice Caps, and a mint hot chocolate really hits the spot makes, this me gayer than my gay friends that like an old fashioned Tim's coffee?
Updated!

beav

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pettifogging.com
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 10:44:19 AM »

It's the fact that they burn the beans to increase the caffine content. Hyper caffiniated coffee may have cropped up everywhere in the US, and with Espresso available on every street corner, it's a little less special.

I'll stick with this fair trade organic Mocha Java stuff that I've found.

//With a shot of patchouli to go with the hippie lifestyle.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 01:36:27 PM »

Quote from: ""Scramble""
a mint hot chocolate really hits the spot

I have to agree with you on that one. I Get the After Eight hot chocolate mix, and it's delightful with a shot of Kahlua or creme liquor.

What?

-  :chicken:

TankGirl

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 05:10:22 PM »

Quote from: ""Raptor""
I have to agree with you on that one. I Get the After Eight hot chocolate mix, and it's delightful with a shot of Kahlua or creme liquor.

Aren't you the guy who kept saying that you don't drink when we were at your house for the convention??

You know Raptor admitting you have a problem is the first step to knowing you have a problem and knowing is.......:D

TankGirl

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 05:33:13 PM »

But Timmy's is still the most caffine that you can get in a coffee for under $2.

It's a popular misconception that Espresso and other dark roasted coffee's have more caffeine. In reality, they contain far less caffeine then the lighter roasts because the roasting process caramelizes the caffeine. A cup of Espresso contains about 40mg of caffeine compared to the stuff you brew at home which contains 85mg.

And as for Timmy's being the most caffeine you can get for under $2. Its cheaper to invest in a good thermos and brew your own...not that I don't enjoy a good Tim's coffee every so often but my coffee consumption could put me in the poor house if I didn't make the majority myself.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 08:54:54 PM »

Quote from: ""TankGirl""
It's a popular misconception that Espresso and other dark roasted coffee's have more caffeine. In reality, they contain far less caffeine then the lighter roasts because the roasting process caramelizes the caffeine. A cup of Espresso contains about 40mg of caffeine compared to the stuff you brew at home which contains 85mg.

With Starbucks, It's all about keeping the beans as green as possible then burning the coffee really fast in the roasting process. This gives the process its distinctive flavor (described by many as "like ass") but it does keep the cafination intact and at really high levels. Mind you your home brew sounds like a monster. Do you use a kettle or do you have to use a cauldron to brew that stuff... ;-)

Quote from: ""TankGirl""
And as for Timmy's being the most caffeine you can get for under $2. Its cheaper to invest in a good thermos and brew your own...not that I don't enjoy a good Tim's coffee every so often but my coffee consumption could put me in the poor house if I didn't make the majority myself.

I almost went bankrupt working in Toronto. My consultants always had to have meetings in a coffee shop, and at $5 a coffee I was burning about $60-100 a month on coffee before I put an end to it. :|

I don't know how to make coffee well - my coffee is undrinkable which is why I didn't offer to make it... Actually I don't even drink it anymore. I'm addicted to tea of all types, and drink about 2 litres a day now. I even put it in frosty plastic mugs so I can start drinking it immediately.

I don't really drink any more. Honestly. But on the occasions that I do, I really like to enjoy it, so I only drink stuff that tastes good. Having been a bartender I know what that stuff is and how to make it. I could turn Scramble alcoholic with my patented "tootsie roll"...

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 10:47:30 PM »

Caffine does nothing for except that I have to make more frequent trips to the bathroom and I get restless in bed.  I have tried Red Bull and that did jack.  No amount of caffine can increase my awareness.  When I am tired, I am tired.  Sleep is the only thing that recharges me.  

I hate. hate, hate going to the men's bathroom on the floor where the office suite is (bad aiming around the urinals every freaking day). I can avoid making a trip into piss central if I avoid avoid drinking anything with caffine in it.

"like ass"?  Another reason to avoid Starbucks.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 10:48:17 AM »

I like After Eights. Where can I get this Hot Chocolate mix?
Updated!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 02:21:27 PM »

Man this thread has lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.

For the record, I drink tea.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 09:14:25 AM »

Quote from: ""Scramble""
I like After Eights. Where can I get this Hot Chocolate mix?

Finer grocery stores everywhere. It's in the dark green can in the hot chocolate section. If Quebec doesn't have it, move.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 09:44:13 AM »

Quote from: ""morgardee""
Man this thread has lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.

It's a Canadian message board and "Tim Horton's" is in the title.

Now it's off to the grocery store with me.
Updated!