JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: SmallJoes has the Viper 6 pack and Steel Brigade sets in now  (Read 4134 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
SmallJoes has the Viper 6 pack and Steel Brigade sets in now
« on: October 05, 2006, 09:00:39 AM »

They cost $21.99 each. I bought 1 Steel Brigade set and 2 Viper packs. Shipping was $13.xx. Came to around $80.xx (USD) for them. Seems a fair price and I personally have never had a problem buying from Corey.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 10:35:04 AM »

I picked up my 4 from him too. I know I'm sure to get them in 10 days. Plus he's super nice to canadians, so what more can you want.

I've hit samco and I've ordered my viper pit packs. That pretty much takes care of joe buying for me this year.

-  :chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 12:59:22 PM »

Vipers pit is now 24.99$ at smalljoes.com.
Guess the demand is high for such a hot product.
Say no to AFA.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 08:44:38 AM »

My figures arrived yesterday. Nice packaging and no duty.  :thumbsup:

Anyhow, vipers are what you would expect, lots of cool vipers for a really good price. The other pack of steel brigade vs the plague is kind of blah. Glad I only got the one set. Both of these sets have inspired me to learn how to cast parts. If I could make classic V1 Viper boots then these sets would be way better and casting that plague figure's head would mean any extra snake eyes bodies I might have could be easily used to make more plague troopers.

So, er, anyone know of a good site that teaches how to cast parts?

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 10:47:17 PM »

Quote from: ""morgardee""
So, er, anyone know of a good site that teaches how to cast parts?

http://www.hobbycast.net/
http://www.freemansupply.com/video.htm

They even have videos how to do it.  I am tempted to try this as I am fed up trying to find more Bat attachment hands.

I also got my Viper Pit pack from smalljoes (yes, just one for now).  Corey, rules. Great guy in person to.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 09:49:03 AM »

I bought them the first day that they were offered, and I still haven't gotten mine yet. For any other canucks that ordered, how long did it take you to get them?

Any suggestions on what  (if anything) I should do next?

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 11:28:47 AM »

I ordered the same time, first day. I got them last week. Hopefully you'll have the same sort of thing happen that always seems to happen to me. I'll wait and wait and then as soon as I either email the seller or post about something I'm waiting for, it shows up that same day. Almost every time except for a large order that took about a year to sort out that seems to happen.

If it doesn't and you didn't take insurance from him then I'm not sure what might happen. I remember years ago I waited for something like 6 weeks for an order from smalljoes to show up. What happened is the box was totally crushed by the post office. Looked like a truck ran it over and the box literally was missing a 6 inch piece of the corner and had plastic wrap around it to hold the contents in the box. To top it off I had to pay freaking duty taxes after they killed my package and it wasn't cheap. Geez, I'm starting to get p*ssed off again just thinking about it.

Anyhow, NOT smalljoes fault. Stupid post office.

Hopefully you'll get your order today and I didn't scare you. Uh, happy halloween?

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 12:03:49 PM »

I remember years ago I waited for something like 6 weeks for an order from smalljoes to show up. What happened is the box was totally crushed by the post office. Looked like a truck ran it over and the box literally was missing a 6 inch piece of the corner and had plastic wrap around it to hold the contents in the box. To top it off I had to pay freaking duty taxes after they killed my package and it wasn't cheap. Geez, I'm starting to get p*ssed off again just thinking about it.

:shock: GAAAH! I'm still stinging from losing overlord's foot to the maniacs.

Hopefully you'll get your order today and I didn't scare you. Uh, happy halloween?

Geese Mor, why did you think that'd frighten me? *wets pants*

These things are coming out on retail shelves already broken. Add Canada post to the mix, and I can't see these coming to me as anything better than custom fodder. I'm kind of pissed at myself for not making it over to the states and buying them in person, but that's a crapshoot too. I need basic vipers, but who knows what I'll end up getting.

-   :chicken:

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 12:06:13 PM »

I got mine in 7 business days.  Well packed and all.  Somthing tells me your package may be stuck at customs.  

And Canada Customs and Canada Post have been really inconsistent lately.  I had two packages from an American seller (mailed a week apart) arrive on back to back days.  I had two packages from Mastercollector sent recently.  One was duty taxed and the other wasn't.  Both had the same freaking values declared on them.  And most of my packages have been arriving in one shot, in which I can't figure out unless the post office is hoarding packages to be sent on certain days.

I give it another week before contacting Corey about this.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 06:45:26 PM »

Got em today, and less than $20 customs to boot.

Mind you they put a beating on the box, but it looks like Corey packed it like he knew Canada Post was going to try to destroy it.

I'll post a casualty report if necessary. ;-)

toiletviper

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Still waiting on viper pit
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 02:15:57 AM »

Hi,

I am new to the board.  I am glad I found this Canadian group of collectors.

I ordered 3 viper pits from Smalljoes on Oct 6, they shipped Oct 12 and still no sign of them.  Could they still be stuck in customs you think?

Very frustrating.  I have been waiting a long time for a viper army.  I am getting three more from BBTS shipped to a package receiver in Blaine (I am in BC).

Has anyone else experienced such horrible delays due to customs?  The problem cannot be with smalljoes (they made one mistake on a previous order, but they bent over backward to fix it).

Is somebody at customs playing with my defective new vipers right this moment ?   :x

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 08:45:42 AM »

I expect to wait around 2 - 2 1/2 weeks for an item sent from the US. If customs gets a hold of it then yes, it can take longer. I've waited much longer the that plus when the Christmas season hits then watch out for sticky fingers in the post office and major delays. I've had over $100.00 (USD) go missing before.

After the American Thanksgiving (i.e. black Friday) everyone should pay the extra for shipping (insurance and signed tracking) if what you are getting has any real value and/or shipped in a larger box.