JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Now under new ownership! Say hello to Jon S. and Pete The Greek!

Author Topic: GI Joe: Snake Eyes  (Read 95 times)

canprime

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
GI Joe: Snake Eyes
« on: November 09, 2018, 02:40:07 PM »

So finally some news to report in the land of Joe.  The next movie, apparently titled "GI Joe: Snake Eyes" is in production.  They officially moved from pre-production to production.  Not actual filming yet, but a concrete step to get it going.

Anyone else happy to see the news?  The question now is how will they treat the character?  Will it be a reboot?  Questions, questions, questions....

canprime

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe: Snake Eyes
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 03:26:12 AM »

So in what I consider unsurprising news....

Lorenzo DiBonaventura, one of the producers of GI:Joe: Snake Eyes has recently said that Ray Park is most likely out as Snake Eyes.  The movie is going to be an origin story, and we will apparently see Snake Eyes face, but he will be younger than Ray Park.  So he is most likely out due to age. 

Nothing is set in stone yet, but it seems likely this is going to be a reality.  I wonder if they will get someone "famous" or go with a new face? 

I also wonder in this modern age of cultural sensitivity if a white male, hero, lead character for an Asian clan will be problematic?

Sundance

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe: Snake Eyes
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 02:11:50 PM »

considering the shit-storm Iron Fist generated when he was cast, as a white guy, based on a white character, because of "cultural appropriation" I'd say them casting a white guy will generate a similar response.

Because *of course* white people can't be good at martial arts and, maybe, even better than some Asian people, like no white kid ever watched a Bruce Lee movie or a Jackie Chan one and took up martial arts and got good at it.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.